Lamont Dozier (RIP 1941-2022) | The Popjustice Forum

Lamont Dozier (RIP 1941-2022)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by VivaForever, Aug 9, 2022.

1. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62474956

Very sad. He was one of the very first songwriters whose names I knew thanks to, of all things, his later work on these two classiques:

2. Songwriting genius.

3. Ugh. First Olivia, now Lamont Dozier. Another huge loss.

4. He perhaps surprisingly co-wrote several songs on Boy George's debut solo album, including To Be Reborn.

MilesAngel and Eric Generic like this.
  5. He co-wrote this Motown classic....

And wrote this hit for Alison Moyet....

RIP

MilesAngel likes this.
  6. Another sad loss, behind some of the greatest and timeless songs of all time. RIP.

MilesAngel likes this.
  7. It actually blew my mind to learn that Dozier wrote Going Back to My Roots. I always assumed it was an original by Odyssey and then found out it was a Dozier original which he also recorded.

8. The Lamont album that song is from, Peddlin' Music on the Side is *amazing.* It's so intensely emotional and profound. Highly recommended!

trussy74 likes this.
  9. So many classics in my library from this talent. Another sad loss!

MilesAngel likes this.
  10. Another sad loss to the music world. The Motown songwriting is legendary and that will live on forever. Motown was one of the first types of music I remember (via my parents) and it’s stuck with me into my adult life. Such talent.

MilesAngel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.