Lana Del Rey – Blue Banisters (+ Cover Album?) | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey – Blue Banisters (+ Cover Album?)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SlowGinFizzzz, Mar 20, 2021.

1. The song is amazing, love the video as well. The standard cover si very Lana and already Iconic.

andru, Euphoria and Humanracin like this.
  2. I’ll play devils advocate and try to believe there’s a plastic cover underneath this mask:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But the one she used for the cover of Interview mag definitely didn’t have plastic, as they stated to wear a mask, just not the one on their cover— so confusion is warranted imo dddd. It just rubs me the wrong way, personally, considering the context of many other… interesting choices she’s made in the past year.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. ^Who cares, focus on the music. This is a music forum, not the Covid forum.

andiemal likes this.
  4. By this logic, everything outside of the main "Popjustice" subforums should be nuked then.

Music and the artists that make it do not exist in a vacuum.

superultra, Sam, Tabris and 23 others like this.
  5. When i hear the interlude that makes me think that i would love to see her doing a feat with Sad Night Dynamite.

6. Between the word salad of that Instagram announcement and now this being yet another spacious piano ballad, I think it's about time for a concept album or something...outside her perspective nn. I fear she's descended a bit too deeply into her own echo chamber at this point, and we're in this cycle of her continuing to attempt to articulate the same nonpoint.

Sam, Ethan Rams, Wishlight and 6 others like this.
  7. I love her music, she's one of my favourites artists and previously when I didn't enjoy the music straight away, I learned to love and enjoy it. But this time, I don't think I've got the energy to 'learn' again.

blissteria likes this.
  8. I think all 4 songs so far have been great - whereas some of the songs on Chemtrails sounded like they could be picked from some of her past albums, I adore how the new songs feel a little more formless and meandering.

brauliocruz and Bolton like this.
  9. Arcadia sounds a little more theatrical than anything she's done before, no? It's in her vocal performance too.

Euphoria likes this.
  10. I agree. There's so many strings and horns used in the released song's production that are absent from the video version which sounds quite sparse in comparison. I feel we are sonically in Honeymoon territory again which I am more than here for.

The verses are giving me shades of Rufus Wainwright which I like.

Euphoria and HairBodyFace like this.
  11. I feel like I've said this every album post-Lust for Life but Arcadia is the closest she's ever come to creating a song that sounds like Father John Misty and I love it.

Euphoria likes this.
  12. I love Arcadia more that the 3 others single but im pretty sure it will make sense with the whole album like always i wont skip any songs (i hope) also im pretty sure that the "revenge" part will start after the Trio interlude with Black bathing suit as its written with Barry and it will be more like UV this section > Dealer

In an other hand i would love her to explore a 70s sound like this for ldr9

Pretty sure the second album(third of the year) will be the americana covers for xmas.

13. I’m intrigued as to the covers she might choose. This could go either way!

14. Not Capitol.....

Also maam give us a break

15. Why is she at Capitol? Is this her last album on Interscope and she wants to shop around the Covers concept elsewhere?

16. At this point she has what, 3 albums in the pipeline? A country/folk covers album, a duet album with Nikki Lane, and the American standards/classics album she never dropped at the end of 2020.

17. There's a studio at Capitol, she's probably recording there.

Drew likes this.
  18. Yea, recording at the Capitol records building would be an "iconic" thing. It's a famous studio, people record with orchestras there, etc.

19. I care. So tone deaf.

Ethan Rams likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.