Lana Del Rey – Blue Banisters + Cover Album | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey – Blue Banisters + Cover Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SlowGinFizzzz, Mar 20, 2021.

1. So I have only just watched the video for Arcadia. That ending! I’d love to hear more experimental stuff from her in the future.

2. I'm lowkey annoyed by how much I like Arcadia.

Ashling92 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  3. Not feeling Arcadia yet

Digital_Fossil, sesita and Lately like this.
  4. It took a second to grow on me, but she truly looked camp in the eye with Arcadia. The fact that she’s glorifying some nondescript suburban town, comparing her body to a Toyota, that gloriously off-key second verse, the otherwise Evita-esque vocals, the last verse turning into a “shots fired!” attack, not to mention that aggressive trap interlude immediately following… I can’t help but laugh. And she hyped up the fans by comparing it to Video Games. You have to hand it to her - deliberate or not, she’s one hell of a troll.

5. But will she ever release anything that comes close to "Ride" ever again?

6. She's done better than Ride so many times already ddd.

7. "Ride" is amazing, and it's not even in her top 10.

8. I love Ride but I always forget it exists, so when someone mentions it, it's like yaaaaas

It holds a special place in my heart. Used to listen to it incessantly on the bus during my first semester of university whilst having a real friend group for the first time. Oh the optimism for my future I once had!

9. I feel Ride is the apex of her avenues into "cinematic pop". Maybe she has a few better songs overall but she mastered that particular sound with that song. It's still a hard 11.

10. Ride is in my top three songs of all time, she’ll never top it for me.

11. Ride middle eight... we ascending.

12. I know music is subjective but Ride isn't, it's one of the best pop songs of all time, FACT.

Floppie, brauliocruz, ItBeats and 8 others like this.
  13. Ride is certainly her best visual. And that’s how you write an interstitial monologue, girls.

14. Ride is just... completely one of a kind when it comes to vocal delivery and production, not to mention the storytelling aspect that Lana seems to have lost a bit after Honeymoon.

I'm also quite surprised that she never worked with Rick Rubin again. I just know they could create (more) magic together.

15. Signed CDs are sold out now, some signed vinyl is still left.

16. There is signed stuff now on the UK store, in bundles.

17. Thanks for the heads up, ordered.

18. I can’t seem to cancel my vinyl order and reorder with the signed insert online. Not being able to cancel an order weeks before actual dispatch is really poor form.

19. maverick_79 likes this.
  20. She's reactivated her IG...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.