Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most oddly captivating song I've heard in a while. There's something so shockingly real about it, like she's talking about me even when I technically am nothing like her. Maybe that's the sign of good song-writing.
 
Is it a song about domestic abuse?

hit me my god your divine
i dont know why but i like it
...dum de dum
gimme them gimme them dope and diamonds

i love the ambiguity of the line: your no good for me. she makes it sound sweetly romantic but it could equally be taken at face value and its about a bad romance.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKl3xeBVY4

Here’s an epic tune from an artist you may not of heard of.

She was recently featured in The Guardian’s ‘New bands’ and The Kooks and Marina Diamandis are admirers of hers. From what I can gather she’s just signed for a major label in the US and is working on her album at the mo.

Other brilliant tracks of hers are Kinda Outa Luck and You Can Be the Boss (on her Myspace page).

No, I’m nothing to do with her, just someone who’s stumbled across her music and thinks she’s worth knowing about.
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

I love love this girl does anyone know when she is releasing an album? He videos are stunning. Thanks for posting that article in the Guardian.
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games - fearne cotton radio 1

I am so happy that Video Games got played on radio 1 today. Lana Del Ray is so uniquely talented. She sounds like no one else, she looks divine, I hope Fearne keeps playing her & others pick her up. The real deal or what?


http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b0124100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uKl3xeBVY4

@LanaDelRey i just played Video Gmaes on Radio1 and it sounded INCREDIBLE. It went down a treat! <3

@Fearnecotton
fearne cotton
SOOO happy so many of you LOVED that song! Its so special!



@Fearnecotton
fearne cotton
Im playing Lana Del Rey on the radio i could not be happier! Video Games!! HEAVEN!!

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.php?topic=32454.0#ixzz1Qlneir6b
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

I am just entranced by this woman. I adored Diet Mt Dew last year and now love this new song. This is talent.
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

I love the whole faded Hollywood, Nancy Sinatra thing she is doing. Video Games is jaw droppingly spectacular. Apparently she has written with Guy Chambers as well.
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

sushimuffin said:
I am just entranced by this woman. I adored Diet Mt Dew last year and now love this new song. This is talent.

"Entranced" is the exact word I'd use. Glad I strolled into this topic!
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

Oh my God, I just listened to this song. It's stunning. I think I've found a new favourite. I didn't really pay that much attention to Diet Mtn Dew when it first appeared, but Video Games has grabbed me more than anything else I've heard in months. Her voice is amazing. It helps that she sounds a bit like Cat Power (I miss Chan).
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

Am bloody addicted to this. Cannot wait for an album. I have a feeling I am going to obsess over this woman. The Mover Shaker Remix of Video Games is stunning.
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

I currently can't stop playing her songs. Video Games is definitely the highlight of the three tracks I've heard.
I read somewhere she had an album out already, is that true? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I need more from this girl as soon as possible. She's brilliant.
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

She is amazing! A friend of mine introduced me to Diet Mtn Dew a couple of days ago and I loved it. Video Games is great too!
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

Noir said:
I currently can't stop playing her songs. Video Games is definitely the highlight of the three tracks I've heard.
I read somewhere she had an album out already, is that true? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I need more from this girl as soon as possible. She's brilliant.
Yup you can listen it here: http://soundcloud.com/lanadelreynevadaalbum

Mermaid Hotel is just as amazing as Video Games. And soooo sexy too! Wouldn't be out of place in Christina's Back To Basics, such a retro song.
 
he/him
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

I just heard Video Games the other day - it's brilliant. Her vocal and the soundscape is so haunting in a Sia (perhaps?) sort of way. The cheek of Kinda Outta Luck is great. I am eagerly anticipating a full blown release by her. Definitely one to watch!
 
Re: Lana Del Rey - Video Games

firedup said:
Noir said:
I currently can't stop playing her songs. Video Games is definitely the highlight of the three tracks I've heard.
I read somewhere she had an album out already, is that true? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I need more from this girl as soon as possible. She's brilliant.
Yup you can listen it here: http://soundcloud.com/lanadelreynevadaalbum

Mermaid Hotel is just as amazing as Video Games. And soooo sexy too! Wouldn't be out of place in Christina's Back To Basics, such a retro song.

Wow, thank you. Mermaid Motel is indeed amazing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top