Lana Del Rey - Born To Die | Page 160 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by speedyboi, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Then buy the album. £3 at the moment, brand new. Simples!

2. No, I already own both of them. That was in response to Karma buying the EP without having the album.

3. I just bought the deluxe on Amazon used for a total of like 6 bucks. Easy!

4. 'Off to the Races' is still one of my favorite tracks. I love the way she phrases the chorus. It's got this loping rhythm that just hits my sweet spot.

5. Haha, oh right. Whoops. Yes I'd agree with that. Everyone needs both.

6. Okay, I think 'American' may be her crowning glory. It's undoubtedly within the Top Three and really has the potential to top 'Video Games' and 'Off To The Races' for me, at the moment. I'm so ridiculously enamoured with it, I really am.

7. I like Body Electric, her delivery on 'Jesus is my bestest friend' is a career highlight and the chorus is like a sexed-up, strung-out hymn but lyrically it does check the Lana-isms off with more predictability than almost any other track of hers. The pale moonlight wasn't made for dropping it like it's hot!

The live version was dodgy though, her vocals were particularly unwieldy.

8. 'American' and 'Ride' are definitely the crown jewels in Lana's rose tiara.

9. Is it just me or is the instrumental of American very Homogenic?

10. Amazing EP. Yayo is the only weak link for me, the lazy pronunciation ruins it.
    It pisses me off how Ride is basically an amazing Killers single with a female vocalist yet all of the indie wankers I know still hate Lana. Booo

11. I don't know any "indie wankers" that like The Killers these days, so I don't know what you could mean by that.

12. The people that liked Sams Town era Killers are basically indie wankers now and they don't like it.

13. I held off on hearing any of the Paradise tracks (apart from Ride, which I love) until today. I finally bought it yesterday and played it for the first time this morning.

My favourite is Cola, the "in the sky with diamonds and he's making me crazy" part (the bridge?) and the chorus are particularly stunning. I love Bel Air too, the piano is gorgeous and there's somehow something sinister about it for me, which makes it even better. I love Blue Velvet as well. It is a bit out of place, but I love it. I really like how it sounds like a track from an old musical, and her vocals are wonderful.

Actually, the only ones I'm not overly fond of are Yayo and Body Electric. I haven't played American and Gods & Monsters much yet, but I like them.

14. Other than "Ride" it's all about "Cola," American," and "Gods & Monsters." Some of the best stuff she's released so far. Lyrically rich, dark, and beautifully sung.

15. Swiss charts:

7 (27) Born to Die (album)
    20 (RE) Ride

Expecting to see similiar chart positions for the single in Germany and Austria, hope the rest of Europe will follow.

16. There's something deeply hilarious about Lana's widespread European success.

17. in australia both the born to die paradise edition AND Paradise are in the top 20. how does this translate to sales? my PARADISE EP in itunes is now:
    ride
    american
    cola
    gods and monsters
    bel air
    i am fucking crazy but i am free ( ride monologue)

i seem to cry in the ride monologue in the middle each time

i love this girl
    david

18. Completely agree - they make my Lana top 5 along with 'Born to die'. I recognise I need to give 'Bel Air' a little more care and attention though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.