Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club (7th Album) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Rafa_el, Sep 2, 2019.

1. I like that she says "Can I go please go back to singing about xyz" as if Norman Fucking Rockwell was a massive departure from her usual themes to appease mainstream... Not to discredit that album cause it's probably up there with her best, but that was just a weird statement to make.

tylerc904, Mr.Arroz, Dijah. and 14 others like this.
  2. That statement is fucking bizarre and annoying honestly, especially coming after the virtually unanimous praise of NFR.

But that’s just Lana I guess.

3. She sounds fucking furious, & I’m perched. You never get what you expect from Lana. She better go all in on the new album with all that anger about whatever.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    blaze_dave, -M- and BricksAndStrings like this.
  4. Yeah it feels like she's back in 2014 for a moment. The press she got for the first two albums was trash of course but she's been getting glowing reviews ever since pretty much Honeymoon dropped.

5. That post gives me this vibe:

tea, chasingthepast and Ethan Rams like this.
  6. The residual rage pent up from literally years ago is absolutely sending me. Over sensitive and vengeful? Yup, she's a cancer.

McQueer and Vasilios like this.
  7. tea

tea

Not the way she chose her fuming rant about unfair album reviews from 8(?) years ago to casually slip in last sentence "album out september 5th".

Not to mention macroaggressions towards other main pop girls, 4/5 women of color, just... what was the reason?

Week Native American Foundations of choice I guess.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Jordtayylor and Andrew.L like this.
  8. She's actually on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer like myself, which explains a lot.

9. NEW ALBUM

Imperial Phase continuing

spaceship likes this.
  10. When was she ever censored from writing what she wanted?

bess marvin and Truce like this.
  11. -M-

-M-

I'm absolutely parched to hear how she channeled that energy into an album.

Rafa_el and Euphoria like this.
  12. This on steroids pls.

VertigoStick and -M- like this.
  13. I... really don't think it was necessary for her to call out all those other artists. Like let them sing about what they want to sing about and you should too. I don't know why she felt the need to name them specifically and like almost shame them for what they choose to sing about?

14. R92

R92

Dddddddddd the difference in energy between the Norman Fucking Rockwell thread and this one... amazing.

15. She is naming them because they also sing about things and present themselves in ways that are being criticized by certain feminists just like her own content is, in hope that her lyrics/narratives will go down better from now on just like how she perceives (no idea why) the work of all the girls she mentioned is. No?

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  16. This thread fucking REEKS. We didn't even have to wait until September

[​IMG]

R92 likes this.
  17. It's absolutely a false equivalence. What does sex have to do with potentially glamorizing abuse? She's smarter than that. Or she should be. Not to mention that 80% of the people she namedropped are women of color.

sesita, tea and Chris_P like this.
  18. Yes, there is no way to look at it that it doesn't look like a mess, sadly.

johnoclock likes this.
  19. Album is titled “Chemtrails over the country club.”

20. Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.