Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 188 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. She took me exactly where I needed to go with this.

RUNAWAY, Jonathan27, LTG and 17 others like this.
  2. The songs are both great. The instrumental bit in The Greatest really takes me there.

Her vocabulary makes me laugh so much. Like "the culture is lit and I had a ball" is just such a weird sentence combining new and old slang.

4. Wow, The Greatest is probably my favourite track to come from this album so far!

She looks amazing in the video too. A bit of a non-event but whatever, it still looks great.

Ferk likes this.
  5. I just saw the video. ONLY HER can make a video at the pier, on a boat and in a bar and just close ups of her surfing, smiling, walking around, skateboarding and it comes across as the most amazing/enigmatic/cinematic/beautiful thing you've ever seen. There's no need for a story/plot. She is the story.

And that neon eyeliner IS A FUCKING LEWK - lemme steal that.

She's so fucking special. Both videos and songs just made me order the the Collector's Edition and made me forgive her Hillsong excursions.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  6. Downloaded the shitty leak just for Cinnamon Girl and whew one of her finest moments right there teebs.

sfmartin, SHRINE and drewsky like this.
  7. Heard the new songs during a power outage this evening. This album is going to end me. Play ‘the greatest’ at my funeral plz. With ‘The culture is lit and I had a ball’ emblazoned across my tombstone.

RUNAWAY, LTG, Dijah. and 8 others like this.
  8. Because of what I'm going thru, this line hit me like a pile of bricks.

Those nights were on fire,
    We couldn't get higher,
    We didn't know that we had it all,

But nobody warns you before the fall.

[​IMG]

9. The new songs are phenomenal. This is shaping up to be her best album.

irishlamb likes this.
  10. I remember when people used to criticise her for her lyrics but whew - Mother came thru and showed them how it’s done.

All of the songs released so far, and of course Looking For America as well, is her at her songwriter finest.

The career progression and maturity of her talent knows no bounds. It only goes up from here honestly.

I’m so proud of her.

superultra and everybodylovesx like this.
  11. Honestly this is... a bit true...? I actually thought while listening to it that it sounds a bit familiar, but couldn't pinpoint it.

Noir and ArronJustMight like this.
  12. I hate neon with a passion and she finds a way to make it work.
    She always does with everything she does.

Euphoria likes this.
  13. Neon Fucking Raincoat indeed.

14. Fuck It I Love You's first verse came for my scalp.

Two beautiful songs with a typically gorgeous visual.

aux likes this.
  15. To me it's the best thing we've heard from this album so far. And one of her best in general. Just the way it grabs you by the balls from that opening line and tosses your weave (plus a few chunks of your scalp - painful, but necessary) into a vat of bubbling toxic waste while seating you aboard the summertime express, destination: generic tarmac city given beauty by the sun. Ugh, her mind.

Dijah., Noir, OlliMaus and 2 others like this.
  16. This is shaping up to be her best album yet. I'm amazed by every track we've listened from Norman Fucking Rockwell, and The Greatest especially feels like a career highlight. The way the song goes from the most particular ("I miss Long Beach and I miss you, babe") to that almost devastating outro about the current state of the world ("If this is it, I'm signing off"), phew. She's truly special.

RUNAWAY, superultra, Dijah. and 5 others like this.
  17. Me and my friends, we miss rock 'n' roll...

RUNAWAY, Lila, slaybellz and 8 others like this.
  18. So I moved to California‚ but it's just a state of mind,
    It  turns out everywhere you go‚ you take yourself‚ that's not a lie,
    Wish that you would hold me or just say that you were mine,
    It's killing me slowly...

[​IMG]

RUNAWAY, Ferk, DrinkMyTears and 13 others like this.
  19. 'You lose your way, just take my hand
    You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again'

Am I stupid for only just realising the album cover is a reference to the lyrics from Mariners?

sfmartin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.