Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 227 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honeymoon is her worst but it’s still a strong album overall. I think it lacks a certain level of world building she establishes with her other releases.

This album takes most of its cues from Ultraviolence, more vibrant and warm here as opposed to the coldness of the latter. I think both will stand as her best works, much as I love Born to Die.

2. And Sad Girl and Cruel World and Money Power Glory and Brooklyn Baby (and Flipside in some Editions).

Jacques likes this.
  3. Ultraviolence is for the real sad girls.

4. Paradise is still her weakest set and that's the tea.

[​IMG]

5. LTG

LTG

Lust for Life/Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    Honeymoon
    Ultraviolence
    Born to Die
    Paradise

1986 likes this.
  6. Lust For Life
    Norman Fucking Rockwell
    Honeymoon
    Born To Die
    Paradise
    Ultraviolence

Babylon and johnoclock like this.
  7. Norman Fucking Rockwell
    Ultraviolence
    Honeymoon
    Born To Die
    Lust For Life
    Paradise

8. I don't know how y'all can rank NFR after being out for just one day nn

9. Some of us been listening for longer than that x

10. I'm sad I still haven't heard this. In future I'm not going to wait for physical release because what's the fucking point when they NEVER deliver on release day (or even days after...)

Jam and andru like this.
  11. Paradise and Honeymoon are at the bottom for me. Both store some absolute gems but they’re real sluggish as complete albums to go through. So for
    me probably...

Lust for Life
    Born to Die
    Norman
    Ultraviolence
    Honeymoon
    Paradise

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    slaybellz likes this.
  12. Upon first listen, this album seemed melodically bland, but last night it made me feel so alive! The lyrics are gorgeous, and there’s so much nuance in her voice.

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I adore this album.

14. Ultraviolence
    Norman Fucking Rockwell
    Honeymoon
    Born to Die
    Lust for Life
    Paradise

15. Yeah, I'm still waiting for delivery from her store. I expected they'd be dispatched by Friday, rather than arrive on Friday, but nothing yet either way.

Lapras and P'NutButter like this.
  16. I’m having my first play through now, HMV delivered the blue vinyl yesterday. It sounds gorgeous.

andru likes this.
  17. I want to play, too:
    Ultraviolence
    Born To Die/Paradise
    Lust For Life
    Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    Honeymoon

It might change since it’s only been a day. I mean, with someone with this strong of a catalogue - they’re all kind of equal for me. I think Honeymoon is the only one that I rarely go back towards because it’s so .... sweltering and slow? I mean there’s some amazing songs on it: Music to Watch Boys To, Art Deco, Freak, Terrence... but I find it difficult to connect with them.

18. Oh my god Love Song is incredible.

ItBeats, constantino, Cutlery and 7 others like this.
  19. Once the novelty of it being “shiny and new” has worn off, it’s possible that Lust For Life will settle back as my favourite due to its more exciting diverse sound, but at the moment I’m pretty bowled over - I did say “premature”.

Venice Bitch owns me though.

ItBeats, slaybellz, Dijah. and 4 others like this.
  20. R27

R27

Lana continues to always come through. Even though it doesn't really matter, it's still gratifying to see her finally getting that 80+ Metacritic average too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.