Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 291 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Her live shows continue to look awful dddd.

2. She's performing Cinnamon Girl fully now so that's probably why ddd

3. I love both Guns and Roses and The Other Woman, they are definitely hightlights of Ultraviolence for me. They evoke specific atmospheres so effortlessly.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Euphoria likes this.
  4. Her live shows are being pure performance art at this point.

5. And if wasnt on Ultraviolence

6. ...yeah you’re on your own on that one

7. Well, she only actually sings about half the notes of any given song and even then it's only for the first two verses/choruses, abruptly ending before the bridge. Yeah, I won't be wasting my money a third time.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  8. Lana has 2 Grammy nominations. Pray one is AOTY.

9. Fans there seem to confirm she didn't cry but was upset she couldn't hit the notes anymore. I can't

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  10. Album of the year seems kind of unlikely with only 2 noms, no? Though if memory serves correct Melodrama only got one nom and that was Album of the Year.

11. With two nominations, it could very well be Pop Vocal Album and Album of the Year since I highly doubt one song caught on enough to snatch nominations in any of those categories.

Kuhleezi, Rem, RUNAWAY and 5 others like this.
  12. Doin' Time was #1 on US Rock Airplay, so I could see it getting some nomination in an Alternative category. But the album received enough critical praise that AOTY is definitely not out of the question.

flowersandu likes this.
  13. Didn't Lorde get nominated for Album Of the Year and nothing else in 2018?

14. According to Gold Derby the only Doin' Time submission was for Video.

15. So annoying when singers insist on smoking. It's just dumb.

16. Adele smoked for years. How, I'll never know.

17. Let’s face facts— the chief reason celebrities smoke is because it’s an appetite suppressant. It’s not a great mystery.

18. Wasn’t there coke for this?

19. I love my good Lana but even kids know that smoke ruins your voice, and if you're a singer, or you want to be a singer... it's not exactly a surprise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.