Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 309 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. We need Flipside on streaming services.

2. [​IMG]

Sam, Bobbyrae, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  3. rdp

rdp

I guess Moccasin Bitch = Ultraviolence but is Straight Up Crack Cocaine Lust For Life or have I got them switched

4. I don't recognise the titles you're using? To be clear, Moccasin Bitch is the one featuring the top 40 hit "Sacheen Littlefeather" and fan favourite "Bourbon on My Nightgown" while Straight Up Crack Cocaine has "Moroccan Joe", the controversial ballad detailing her torrid sexual affair with Joe Camel from the Camel cigarettes ads.

5. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I've literally been laughing at this non-stop for five minutes. You're a gift.

6. Honestly what is it like to blessed with the level of wit you possess

7. Honestly, any list where Norman Fucking Rockwell! isn’t #1 can stay home. Happiness is a butterfly just scalped me.

8. is strong
    Way too real to be wrong
    Caught up in your show, yeah at least now I know
    It wasn't love, it wasn't love
    It was

Jacques, Dreampopboy, Sam and 19 others like this.
  9. AFFAIR WITH JOE CAMEL.

Jacques, Sam, OspreyQueen and 6 others like this.
  10. Her albums vary more than most (fans included) want to admit, so there’s something for everyone among her discography, but generally speaking the quality/her confidence/songwriting/voice has improved with every release, meaning Born to Die is “worst”.

Lust and Norman are flaw-free, with Norman being superior. The first three are fantastic but slightly more patchy. But yeah, personal taste basically dictates which your favourite is. But She’s absolutely improved upon each record with every follow-up.

11. You guys are giving me a stroke.

Sam, OspreyQueen and johnny_tsunami like this.
  12. Aren’t songs like Cherry and The Next Best American Record pretty much exactly this? I feel like she always has least one “classic” song per album in that sense.

flowersandu likes this.
  13. How is this so accurate.

14. Honeymoon and NFR are the two records where she got everything correct from front to back. I do miss the cinematic quality of Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, but she had to evolve. I definitely do not miss her Born to Die vocals.

johnoclock likes this.
  15. I was never a Lana fan but loved NFR, so went back to explore her back catalogue.

I honestly found Lust for Life to be her weakest effort. My rank would be:

1. NFR
    2. Ultraviolence
    3. Honeymoon
    4. Born to Die
    5. Lust for Life

16. And "Is This Happiness," which is probably my favorite Ultraviolence track with "Old Money" and "Brooklyn Baby." Tragically gorgeous as Lana does best.

17. I love Flipside so much. Genuinely one of my top favorite Lana songs. I'd always hoped she & Blake (her guitarist, made Flipside + Pretty When You Cry with her) would make an album of their own together.

If anyone hasn't heard it by now, I strongly suggest you check it out:

18. "Flipside" has always reminded me of The xx but better.

19. Cinnamon Girl is really doing it for me tonight.

I'm scared to listen to any of the other songs on the album because when I took a first listen through, I didn't particularly care for the album (Or most of her last few releases), and i'm just excited to have found one song I really love.

sfmartin likes this.

20. Best Album In The World? Scammys found dead!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.