Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 338 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. It doesn't matter, it just showed me that chez Lana's camp it's all 100% 'poor smart Lana got misunderstood by woke cancelers' with zero afterthoughts of the 'wait maybe there's something the masses saying?' kind.

thommyh, Island, Sam and 3 others like this.
  2. Oh my god, you produced that!? That's one of my favourite interviews of recent times, so thank you!

3. "A couple of final notes on my 'controversial post' that's not controversial at all." That's already off to a good start. It only gets worse after that. She is exhausting.

4. “Making it about race says much more about you than it does about me” Christ Lana, shut the fuck up

5. Oh my god just log off

6. omg why is she doing this

Is there seriously NOBODY in her life to set her straight

thommyh and Future Lover like this.
  7. Yeah well, I just unfollowed her on insta. Dream on girl, dream on!

thommyh, Future Lover, He and 3 others like this.
  8. She doesn't even know third wave feminism has already happened ashsjxbdkdndjd

Girl read a book and shut up.

9. Go girl give us nothing!

10. The defensiveness is...unsurprising, but still off putting. Oh Lana...just log off

thommyh, tea, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  11. Like why doesn't she get it? She's just...not listening to the actual issues people had with her post because she's so stuck in her mindset of whatever she was trying to say, and thinks people who aren't agreeing are just "hating".

Do I think she's legitimately racist and consciously named those women with that in mind? No. But....utterly tone deaf and refusing to actually listen? Absolutely.

Megan Fox's post really said it best.

thommyh, Subspace88, sesita and 3 others like this.
  12. Refreshing Instagram and seeing that typewriter app written letter

[​IMG]

Leis, Robert, Leader Beans and 55 others like this.
  13. Mariners Apartment Complex is one of the only songs I’ve learned on guitar over Quar why won’t she stop POSTING!!!!

[​IMG]

14. Why is “behind the iron bars- insights from an institution” making me scream dddddddd

15. Omg she should have quit while she was even MODERATELY ahead. This is ... a lot to unpack but I’m too tired. What a stupid fucking post.

16. For someone who was recently named one of the greatest American songwriters/poets of our time, she sure is shit at expressing herself beyond that

17. Honestly. The gulf in self awareness between her music and...whatever this mess has been is absolutely astonishing

18. rdp

rdp

Well, all that post shows is that she has sadly completely missed the point of why people are criticizing her original letter in the first place...

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.