Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 339 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. She just doesn’t fucking get it all there has always been a place in feminism for women to be delicate may I add specifically white women. Throughout history, society has depicted white women to be quiet and demure compared to WoC who have been depicted as loud and aggressive.

2. This is like when she went off at that respected critic, got the wrong end of the stick and everyone was like “Lana....stop”

3. Jdjkfdks the way she shamelessly plugged her book out of the blue

LANA PLIS GO VAPE

4. Ain't nothing "delicate" or "soft" about what Lana has been doing for the past 2 days. This is violence. Ultraviolence.

5. I don't even have anything intellectual to say anymore. All I gotta say is, "Hoes mad. Hoes mad. Hoes mad."

Edit: Y'know what? I lied. How the fuck does she not know the third wave of feminism already happened? She's really stuck in the Jim Crow days for sure.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  6. BTG

BTG

Mmhm.

So, now she’s grouping herself with the “more sexually liberated artists” when the original post was very much “Beyoncé can sing about wearing no clothes and fucking SO WHY CAN’T I SING ABOUT HOW EMBODIED I FEEL BY SHIT MEN HUH?”

thommyh, aniraz, sweetener and 11 others like this.

7. I can imagine how Lana is sitting in her sofa with her Macbook and a glass of rosé, furiously typing out her defensive comebacks while nodding intensly to herself.

8. Coming from a non-fan who came in here to see her shoot herself in the foot, I wish she'd just shut the fuck up now.

9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

The constant self promotion of the upcoming poetry book in all of these posts is....so gross

Leis, Rhombus, RainOnFire and 36 others like this.
  10. BTG

BTG

[​IMG]

I can’t believe a rich, glamorous, white woman is telling us that we must make room for people like her. Sis.

11. Sam

Sam

She posted on instagram and it felt like a slap in the face

Lapras, sapnu puas, chanex and 2 others like this.
  12. “My message is clear” obviously it wasn’t if even fans are taking issue with your post

13. Apparently she’s now fighting with fan accounts in IG DMs.

All of this feels so... unlike her. And I don’t mean unlike her of recent memory, but in general she was always so well spoken and seemed informed on the wider issues. What’s going on here is just utterly bizarre and without any sense of nuance or thought... at all. I can’t rectify it at all - it’s like a fever dream.

The fact she continues to double down on it even in the face of opposition from friends and fans is admirably stupid. I know we all were hesitant (to put it mildly) when she started attending that church but never in my wildest dreams did I think this is the hill she’d voluntarily die on. Damn, Lana.

14. Quarantine has made her go insane. That is how I’m choosing to rationalize it thank u x

Future Lover, Mikal and johnoclock like this.
  15. [​IMG]

ddddddddddd

I was gonna say this is probably fan fiction but I just checked and 1) she did unfollow Ariana and 2) her newest post confirms it since we know Doja told her "suck my dick" in the comments of the post ddd.

16. The goalposts keep changing with this one huh... She really thinks she's Nancy Sinatra when she's Nancy Reagan.

17. I keep thinking about the fact that it's clearly as day she thinks/thought Ariana is a WOC. lmfao

18. I was wondering who she meant when she said "if the women I mentioned don't want to be associated with me that's fine by me".

Also after today's post I was like is there no one in this woman's life that can get some sense into her? Someone in her famous circle that she'll listen to?? Or are they all scared. If this is true, i'm glad Ariana stepped up to the task.

thommyh, OlliMaus, sfmartin and 2 others like this.
  19. Nn so on brand for Ariana to take it private and for Doja to say ‘sunk a dunker’. It’s kind of a riot to have all these personalities looped into a mess.

Meanwhile.

20. What the hell has she done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.