Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 340 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. The way this just gets worse and worse by the hour. It's gotta be a talent just not one that anyone wants.

2. I wish she was a little more open to seeing the other side of the argument instead of lashing out and doubling down on her own perceived victimhood. Was she mistreated when she first came out? Yes. Does that give her the right to mischaracterize other artists' work and drag them in her own need to settle scores? No. Also, she should be more sensitive and realize how naming almost exclusively artists of color looks, even if she didn't mean it that way.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    HairBodyFace, lushLuck and joeee like this.
  3. Going to unfollow this clown and seeing which PJ members liked her post is...disappointing but not surprising.

EDIT: NOT Maggie Rogers liking one of them. These indie girls cannot be trusted!

4. Lana: You know what I should follow-up a critically acclaimed album with? Career suicide.

5. I’m still struggling to figure out what point she’s trying to make.

aux, Rhombus, No hay banda and 11 others like this.

6. The actual dm’s. She’s just digging that grave deeper and deeper and deeper.

LPT, thommyh, constantino and 23 others like this.
  7. Oh my god why is the fucking goodbye at the end killing me??? Thankful for all the friendships i've made it's the end of an era.

Leader Beans likes this.
  8. Also no one gives a fuck about your poetry book Lana. Especially not now.

9. It really went from worse to worser.

Leis, gagapourgaga, thommyh and 41 others like this.
  10. This is all so pathetic.

I can't say I'm surprised by the way she's handled this. She's always been kind of a mess. I didn't think she was THAT stupid though. Log the fuck off and leave us alone sis.

11. The fan account thinking Lana's white feminism is the result of a breakdown is actually a very common sentiment. It's a convenient logic, but pathologizing racism takes away accountability. Having mental illness is not an excuse for saying racist things, nor does it mysteriously unlock the hidden racism part in one's brain.

12. I never thought she could be this spoilt and lacking in self awareness. Disappointed as I really do love her music.

thommyh, sesita and BricksAndStrings like this.
  13. (((Mmmmm I kinda love it when Lana drags her stans tho)))

14. Whomst is going to buy these poetry books if she's just telling all of her stans to fuck off?

LPT, thommyh, Sam and 30 others like this.
  15. I was un-ironically looking forward to those poems too

16. The white privilege really jumped out....and then bought some real estate.

I really hope this all doesn’t go unnoticed by the industry.

thommyh, Rhombus, Sam and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.