Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 345 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Expose them.

gagapourgaga, thommyh, Sam and 6 others like this.
  2. Klarna Del Rey. Ruining your reputation in 2 easy posts

3. How long have you two been thinking about these

4. To be truthful, I been thinking about Norman Fucking Glockwell since she dropped the album.
    [​IMG]

5. Right, this is the worst part for me too. I really wish it wasn't so hard to check your privilege. It's like how @Dennis pointed out Bob the Drag Queen's "All white people are racist" comment, and how grappling with such a concept is apparently the most difficult thing in the world for some people. To see Lana reject the criticisms and tell fans to "Go. Fuck. Yourself." is beyond disheartening, and demonstrates how out of her depth she is when confronting intersectional feminism. So many posters are right to show how ill-timed this is, when just last year critics started noting how early career backlash was unearned. I think the problem is, despite her complaints, Lana's "delicate" brand of a woman is very much still included in modern feminism, and at times at the expense of WOC's inclusion.

I don't know, I think it's telling that the only person she now follows out of those mentioned is Camila Cabello.

thommyh, Wishlight, Sam and 13 others like this.
  6. Camila probably messaged her like ‘actually I think you’ve got a point’.

aaronhansome, Leis, Blue6010 and 66 others like this.
  7. Yeah sis, let's update the ignore list spill the tea.

8. I mean, we all know Camila also sees her own hits as lesser than her horrifying introspective ballads

Wishlight and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  9. Longer than Lizzie spent thinking up those posts

10. She posted a video clip for one of the poems from 'Behind The Iron Gates - Insights From An Institution' (& another '50s movie clip & photo). It seems to be about Sylvia Plath.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    kallumlavigne likes this.
  11. I was confused too by how many of my friends/followers are there. Some of them I talked to and they just read real fast and thought well yes but changed their minds quite fast actually reading it.
    What a wholesome, perfect post. Thank you.

Norman really feels like the result of everything she has done before. She comes back to do many Born To Die motifs and pictures - the party dress, the liquors top shelf, etc. - it is really full circle.

But this circle may really be closed completely.

I kind of hope she gets the problem and owns her stupidity. But the second post doesn’t leave much hope. I am sad because Lana really meant a lot to me.

Cutting my list of favourites once again I guess. Still hoping Robyn and Madonna got the memo of the original post being really shitty.

What a weird year in pop so far and it’s just May.

LPT and Lapras like this.
  12. Urgh I can't believe I just unfollowed Lana Del Rey.

She's on a time out.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Wishlight, Sam, PopCrushed and 8 others like this.

13. I've been thinking about you babe.

Joe. likes this.
  14. Still struggling that all this was sparked by a #1, like she saw Doja and Nicki hit that top spot and said "Enough (2002 starring J. Lo)".

15. I feel I am watching an episode of The Handmaid’s Tale skimming through this thread. The eyes of God are watching in order to name and shame and will report back to the state.

Wishlight, chanex, Sam and 3 others like this.
  16. Lana posting updates from her voice notes poetry album

[​IMG]

Alenko, Really Cool, Rhombus and 9 others like this.
  17. Well ladies, hate to self promote, but me and my friend have recorded an pod episode discussing Lana's outburst and to be honest we thought we'd put it out there to educate some of our friends on what's really the issues here, as so many of them have liked Lana's posts, whilst also approaching the topic with sensitivity. So if you want to have a listen then please do.

Or if you don't want the negativity then we were discussing Christina Milian, Holly Valance, Cassie, Alexis Jordan and Amerie in the episode before.

LTG, Wishlight, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  18. Thank you, actually. I’d be happy quite interested in this. There’s not enough podcasts coming out of my regulars to keep up with how boring the lockdown life is!

19. THIS POST TOOK ME THE FUCK OUT!

20. I felt bad for not listening to her last album since it came out since it's probably her best work but now I'm not feeling bad at all now. I've been a die hard stan of hers but I think I was off the ship by the time she stated she wasn't a feminist and whatsoever, still checking for music updates though. I've finally finished reading this thread and you guys really took it out of the park with this one and the Doja thread, in that everything has been so enlightning. I'm particularly better off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.