Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 349 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. I'm fucking screaming the caption is "Nobody gets to tell your story". She just does not care to maybe apply some critical thinking and maybe consider she isn't the victim huh

slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  2. Not her ending with ‘God bless and fuck off’. She’ll never learn.

KidAbelha likes this.
  3. She is digging this grave deeper than 6 feet

4. Her doubling down over and over again, and showing zero self-reflection on the backlash has really been infinitely more damaging than the original post. Clown.

5. "When I get on the pole i'm a whore but when Twigs does it it's art" she's lost it. All the while trying to peddle her trash poetry books and claim she can't be racist because she wants reparations. "The culture is sick right now" no girl, you are. Go back to your circle of white feminists and stay offline.
    [​IMG]

6. Has she yet again buried album promo within the woeful diatribe? She seems to have announced the title to be Chemtrails Over The Country Club.

7. BTG

BTG

"Nobody gets to tell your story but I will absolutely judge how those half-naked POC tell their stories about fucking in comparison to me, a glamorous and delicate woman."

[​IMG]

8. This is... where I'm at.

I don't really understand where her original outburst came from when listeners and critics alike have made space for Lana's music, especially in recent years. So... why bring women of colour into it and why double down on the comments?

9. Privilege.

stuaw, hologram, Dijah. and 6 others like this.
  10. Lana: I’ll come for twigs whose pole dancing was actually probably a way to express her pain of the health problems she had faced which required her to get major surgery. That will show them that I’m the victim here.

11. [​IMG]

Lana is Camila (ddd) and Normani is women of colour.

stuaw, Wishlight, Leis and 5 others like this.
  12. "I'm sorry that I didn't add one 100% caucasian person into the mix in the women that I admired"

She really doesn't know that Ariana is h'white fghxfredfgh

13. It's always "I have good intentions". I don't doubt it at all, but shielding yourself on your good intentions is putting your ego before the consequences of your acts, as if that washes all your sins away. And our intentions aren't objective, they're affected by the social and cultural constructs we have an active part in either building or deactivating.

Listening to those affected by your actions, acknowledging that you're not always on the right - we need to learn to put our bruised egos aside for a moment and understand that we're not the biggest victim of a situation, that there are actual real effects to our words and actions.

I can have some sense of compassion in knowing that when you're a public figure, the amount of feedback against you is exponential, so getting even more defensive is almost a natural response, but we need to be smarter than that. More humble and more willing to actively listen to those who we are truly oppressing and silencing.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  14. They way she basically confirmed she doesn’t think Ariana is white is too funny. I can’t even focus on the rest.

15. This, pretty much. I can't say if she's racist for sure but when she brought up FKA Twigs AGAIN I was like Jesus Christ, what are you doing. Just say you want space to be your delicate, glamorous self and stop comparing women of color to you. Your experiences are not the same.

slaybellz, He, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  16. I am ...scared to know her real views on LGBTQ+ after this debacle.

'It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and abusive sugar daddy!!'

Wishlight, Leis, He and 9 others like this.
  17. I guess I can see a glimmer of what she’s trying to say, but she’s so goddamned stubborn that she’d not only rather double, triple down on this thing but push the wrong points as well. If this is a “personal reparation” then why continue to use women, black women as examples. Just say what you want to do and move the fuck on. It’s exhausting. We’re beyond beating a dead horse.

18. She just looks tragic sitting there blathering on about absolute shite. Her determination to hammer us over the head with awkwardly articulated “I’m definitely not a racist, bro!” pleas (while skirting any of the finer points re privilege) highlights just how lacking in intelligence and compassion she is. Such a shame to have the platform she has and to use it this way.

19. BTG

BTG

She's truly an absolute idiot. To invoke all those women of colour originally, get called out for it, try to address it (poorly) and only to then drag FKA twigs (another WOC, not originally mentioned) into it. The worms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.