Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 350 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Rem

Rem

Not her saying period ddd

[​IMG]

2. Keep FKA twigs out of your mouth Lana. Seriously what the hell.

3. The fact that she is doubling down in her aggression instead of relenting or making a genuine apology is pretty upsetting.

4. The kind of relief I feel by never listening to her music beyond like... Summertime Sadness or w/e and maybe Blue Jeans because I thought she looked and sounded static. And now knowing that I'll never have to go through her discography b/c she exposed her stupid ass. A never watching an episode of Game of Thrones despite everyone raving about it for years and then everyone losing their shit when the finale ruined the entire show last year, type of tea. The foresight...

But yup, she really hit that torpedo button, huh?

Wishlight, chanex, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  5. All women suffer the same bullsh*t from society Lana. You didn't needed this, it's a shame.

Twigs suffered from mysoginia when she dated Robert Pattinson. What is the point of comparing your reality with the ones from other women? All of them get the same from critics and a big part of society.

6. ... Anyway. Watch this masterpiece and stream Magdalene.

7. Picasso and Van Gogh's left ear turning up to one of Lana's poetry slams

[​IMG]

strangekin, OspreyQueen, LTG and 66 others like this.
  8. FKA TWIGS? C'mon sis, wasn't your whole argument about number ones and commercial success? The GP won't even give Twigs a #1 on the Bubbling Under charts.

[​IMG]

stuaw, Wishlight, thommyh and 4 others like this.
  9. The fact that she thinks fka twigs gets an easier time of it just because her metacritic scores are in the green and is praised as a dancer, when she had to deal with a tirade of racist abuse and othering as a temptress after dating a famous white heartthrob, to the point she stopped doing interviews at the time.

Clueless.

10. I'm glad my twink self had the precognition to leave this trainwreck behind before she showed her ugly ass.

11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

How come when the Bon Appetit test kitchen makes a burger it’s culinary but when McDonald’s does it, it’s fast food?

[​IMG]

12. I had to switch the video off, it was just her complete self-pity and ignorance to why there was a backlash. She is taking it that the aggressive comments were aimed at the "fragility" of her post and not the fact she listed mainly black women? Only to then name another female of colour in this video?!

spaceship and Future Lover like this.
  13. Also maybe the differing reactions to you on a pole and fka twigs on a pole are a result of her routines actually been artistic and stunning? Like maybe you’d receive the same kudos if you poured the kind of blood & sweat stained dedication twigs did into her craft? Maybe you shouldn’t hold up your work against the Cellophane MV when you’re just not at that level? Maybe your attempts at pole dancing weren’t received as art because it just wasn’t that good, objectively speaking? Maybe a black woman did something you did, only exponentially better?

Her brazen desire to be rewarded the same for less. Anyone who would slut-shame Lana for Tropico would do exactly the same to fka twigs (with even more venom, for obvious reasons). I don’t think Lana’s problem is the suppression of her sexual expression and if she cared to do even an iota of self-reflection she’d probably see that.

14. Kinda perched how low she will go.

"when Sade sung about a Smooth Operator she was adored, but when I sung about a Bartender I was nottt!'

Wishlight, enhanced CD, He and 2 others like this.
  15. The fact that she’s continuing to deliberately single out Black Women and insult their art and to degrade them to being sex objects is seriously not it. It’s deeply insulting to the pain and suffering that FKA Twigs experiences and expresses with her art.

16. What the actual fuck? Not like it wasn't already messy enough, now she's dragging FKA twigs into this?!? Give me a fucking break, I can't believe how she's behaving right now.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Ashling92, Cutlery and Future Lover like this.
  17. “We don’t have Coke is Pepsi Cola okay?”

[​IMG]

18. I know Doja stole her thunder but Jesus. Just be quiet, Lana.

19. Also pole dancing is many young black women's only way to make a living because white society has no other place for them while white women can do all sorts to make a living? It's not Lana's culture anyway.

20. I’m honestly scared every time she posts something, because every post manages to tarnish her image in my mind even more.

flowersandu and P'NutButter like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.