Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 358 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. On white vinyl, I take it?

2. Are you... okay?

3. Oh my god.

4. And the promo strategy has been her best yet.

Wishlight, flowersandu, RMK and 9 others like this.

5. Keep.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  6. Can we all make fun of her Burlington Coat Factory fashions for her last tour now?

7. But they're mooooooooore than great coats!

Aester, blissteria and johnny_tsunami like this.
  8. Sam

Sam

9. Corrected this for you. Can't blame poor Lana. She ist just not used to it and didn't know how to.

flowersandu, Dijah., thommyh and 4 others like this.
  11. Sam

Sam

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Why was she so intent on choking the dog I-

13. Because the dog was wearing the choker and nobody said anything but when she wore one at a party in 1993 they called her a wh*re.

14. Oh there's more!

15. I love Lana, but why does she seem so 'self righteous' in those posts? Especially that video. Really cringing, and if she really means well, she needs to get damn better at it.

She also made those posts about the negative feedback she was getting about her music? Glamorizing abuse and whatnot, which I believe wasn't really a big issue? (Correct me if I'm wrong). She just unnecessarily name dragged other artists for no damn reason in her rant. WHY.

If she really believes what she does then, well, whatever. She just needs to be quiet and stop adding gasoline to the fire.

Oh and I'm sorry, but she could have totally made her point across without name dropping and saying so much unnecessary stuff, that's what gets me.

Oh well. I'm curious as to how this will play out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020
  16. Well, I'm checking out. The Ann Powers rant was a huge red flag that some bizarre victimization narrative was taking hold of her, and I initially gave her the benefit of the doubt with this latest tirade. I thought perhaps she was still dealing with some of the psychological impact of the initial (and frankly disgusting) media critique of her persona and work. The fact that she feels she has the critical clout to now go drag her detractors is petty, but dragging WOC into it and then doubling down is just repulsive. I'll still occasionally listen to the old stuff I've already purchased and have fond memories of, but she's not getting a single dime from me for her increasingly solopsistic projects and dreadful live shows.

Future Lover likes this.
  17. Oh well hello Christian. Damn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.