Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 364 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. He

He

Fuck her.

She really shows zero remorse and accountability for her white damaging words and actions. Playing the victim and the misunderstood.

Maybe have Slayyyter give you some lessons on decency, Lana.

2. Imagine typing about six essays in the last week and not being able to say the most basic thing: "I'm sorry I fucked up."

3. This really isn’t the right time for you play a victim, Lana.

OlliMaus, elektroxx and Eskapism like this.
  4. The way that she has conducted and continues to conduct herself is absolutely shameful.

snoho, Blond, LTG and 31 others like this.
  5. The fact she managed to turn that post into a pity party for herself. What the fuck has happened to her the last few months?

6. He

He

I think she’s always been this way, she just never showed it so clearly.

7. I know that there were a lot of "signs" already but... the way she absolutely self-destroyed out of the blue still leaves me speechless. Like, she could have been living her glamorous life in peace and silence but NAH.

8. The only person struggling to say the right thing is her, and who exactly is her heart with? She can’t even be bothered to specify.

Is she referring to her racist tirades as the ‘amongst other things’ she’s been doing during this time?

9. I watched a poc YouTuber react to it and he brought up that her bringing up donating to indigenous charities and then bringing it up again in her apology was clearly to deflect from criticism she knew was coming. Which I hadn’t thought about but now seems obvious.

10. The way she has these otherwise harmless statements written and then she decides to add in some unrelated, passive aggressive paragraph to throw the whole thing off is almost becoming a talent in its own right.

11. RMK

RMK

It isn't my place to forgive her or say what's acceptable, but the way she's handling the current political climate feels like a signal toward more than just one messy notes app post. It's disappointing.

12. Outing herself as an out of touch racist just before a political revolution was bad timing huh lmao.

Which I bet she's kicking herself for because you just know she'd use this entire situation as source material for some Lust for Life (Side B) retread.

13. She delivered the perfect album already. She might as well fuck off now.

14. It's kind of a scream how inarticulate she is considering how sharp her writing can be. Who is she even referring to as we and you? Who's "super in the mix... when it comes to issues of inequality and morality"? Because it sure as fuck isn't Lana.

15. Maybe she didn’t write the songs on NFR, maybe it was Jack.

16. She has made numerous ignorant and overly-defensive comments this last two weeks, but this is still a gross statement. The crediting of a woman's success and expertise to a man behind the scenes should never be perpetrated on this site of all places. Heaven knows it's done to enough female singers and musicians everywhere else on the internet.

17. pdf

pdf

some jokes just don't land.

18. I mean, Jack still liked her posts, so.

19. Oh.

Lapras likes this.
  20. Fuck are we going to have to cancel Miss Jack too

Sam and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.