Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! | Page 365 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Mar 16, 2018.

1. I mentioned it because he was the producer and co wrote a lot of the tracks on the album with her and NOT because he’s a man. If it were to be a female co-writer or producer or co-producer on the album, I would’ve said the same thing.

And it was obviously a joke.

superultra and Vasilios like this.
  2. It wasn't funny.

johnny_tsunami, Sam, 4Roses and 10 others like this.
  3. I liked your explanation post because I see your intent and where you were coming from, but your joke didn't land well. At all.

4. Not to beat a dead horse on this, but ironically enough this defence of “I don’t consider gender” is pretty Lana-like in its tone deafness.

Espeon and kermit_the_frog like this.
  5. Sorry about that.

@Trousers I can see and understand your point. My remark was not made to overlook or even to attempt to undermine the talent or struggles of female artists getting recognised for their efforts in an already misogynistic music industry. It was an attempt at what I can see now as a bad joke and I explained why I said it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Trousers likes this.
  6. I'm afraid to ask who that woman is...

TiffanyNoir, OlliMaus, Lapras and 2 others like this.
  7. A Karen who threatened to call the police (among further shittalking) on a Black man who was graffiting the front of his own house, saying that wasn't his house and she knew who lived there. She's gone viral especially because she's the CEO of a cosmetics company I forget the name of, but it starts with La.

Dijah., nikkysan, superultra and 5 others like this.
  8. I thought it was the woman who lost the parrot called Chanel dd

9. He's Filipino. I only say this because I thought he was Black too according to what was going around Twitter.

10. Honestly that cursed video has been haunting me for weeks so I’m sharing it for those lucky few of you who managed to miss it in hope I won’t die x

lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.