Lana Del Rey | Page 217 | The Popjustice Forum

Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ElectricHearts, May 18, 2012.

1. AllGagaLike, sfmartin, Truce and 6 others like this.
  2. There was a Lana rate that was going to start in 2020 (I think by @Petty Mayonnaise), but it was canceled after the whole "question for the culture" debacle. I think a lot of people wouldn't be comfortable participating in a Lana rate because, as good as the music is, she's kind of a persona non grata on this forum.

3. She... really isn't. There's still almost constant discussion about her, most of it positive!

If people don't feel comfortable partaking, they don't have to.

4. I am flattered, but I don't have the time or energy to run a rate. Would definitely participate, though!

Lapras, RUNAWAY, johnoclock and 2 others like this.
  5. Dddd same. I'm barely a reliable rate participant most of the time, much less a host

Digital_Fossil and Lapras like this.
  6. Alright, Lana said she's moving to my city, Jacksonville. Time to search everywhere for her resulting in a restraining order.
    (She jokingly said something about moving to Jax?)

7. ^Was a joke for sure.

IndyRS likes this.
  8. I miss her (good) photoshoots.

dontkillmyvibe and chromatica like this.
  9. The way "Honeymoon" has me instantly transported to a lost film noir set in a decadent Mediterranean port town where I'm about to be seduced by and then choked by Alain Delon. Our huntymoon...

10. It’s kinda wild to me how Banisters quietly turned some friends who were Lana haters … into fans. I’m happy they saw the light.

11. “Blue Banisters” (the song) is so alluring and sad, like, I’m wrecked every time it’s over.

12. Andy French, drewsky, RUNAWAY and 7 others like this.
  13. He also uploaded one of the demos of This Is What Makes Us Girls to SoundCloud:

JAMIOUSE likes this.
  14. She will never gown down that route again but tracks like Paradise are a fascinating window into mainstream pop girl Lana.

HairBodyFace and DinahLee like this.
  15. I know it's not right but I do feel such a rush\nostalgia over songs like Paradise and Serial Killer. They were all leaked when I was peak-staning and I'd just lurk all day waiting for something to leak because... between 2012-2014 we'd just have a new song every day dd. Listening to these feel like going back to some exact moments that just can't go back. Even more special than listening to the official albums.

It's also a wild discography if you take a look at everything that is out there. From these rough voice memos to the most pop-leaning songs you could ever imagine. No surprise she managed to create such a specific sound after going through all these genres.

16. tylerc likes this.
  17. Bikini Gold (a laptop demo) and Cult Leader (early UV album demo) leaked today.

DinahLee likes this.
  18. Ooh, I knew I should have purchased the Paradise/Serial Killer release, they were pulled on Apple.

Glitterizer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.