LANY - Malibu Nights (2nd Album) | The Popjustice Forum

LANY - Malibu Nights (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IDontKnowHer, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Don't think there is a thread for them here, but I recently discovered LANY on Spotify and have fell in love with a couple of their tracks. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FRIENDS (video below) and ILYSB are gems although most of their catalogue is quite good. Are there any other LANY fans on this?

TRAVVV and backstreetjoe like this.
  2. IDontKnowHer likes this.
  3. Pink Skies and Walk Away also.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  4. They released the video for "yea, babe, no way".

I'm still listening to this EP. It really is the perfect summer driving soundtrack. Current Location and Pink Skies are still giving me the feels.

5. Video for 'ILYSB' at last!

6. That video is dumb, but ILYSB is so nice.

7. He's a hotter American Matt Healy. Thirsty for that flesh. ILYSB remains a tune.

8. WHAT.A.TUNE.

The debut is also out on June 30th. I'm already envisaging this being my summer album.

lushLuck and phily693 like this.
  9. Oh I really like Good Girls, it's very nice. I've loved them since I heard the Ferdinand Weber remix of ILYSB. I think it's like nearly 2/3 years old and the video just got released?

backstreetjoe and IDontKnowHer like this.
  10. Their new song, The Breakup, is very nice. It would slot nicely on the last The 1975 or MUNA albums.

11. This has been one of my most played songs this year. Wonderful. Such 1975 vibes.

backstreetjoe and TRAVVV like this.
  12. I always thought their songs didn't really match the potential, but I love The Breakup.

johnny_tsunami and backstreetjoe like this.
  13. Enjoying the album on first listen but why didn't they include 'Current Location'.

IDontKnowHer likes this.
  14. That run from ILYSB to Hericane is amazing. The synths in the opening track is beautiful and Tampa and It Was Love are incredible as well.

IDontKnowHer and backstreetjoe like this.
  15. The Breakup is up there with The 1975's Somebody Else as one of my favourite breakup songs.

2014, lushLuck and backstreetjoe like this.
  16. The album is so good. Hericane is fucking divine. Those synths! 13 and Super Far are also excellent.

17. Is this one of Spotify's fake bands?

18. A bop. It's doing pretty good numbers on Spotify too.

phily693 likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Moderator

The album is lush, I love his voice.

johnny_tsunami and phily693 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.