LANY - mama's boy (3rd Album) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

LANY - mama's boy (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IDontKnowHer, Jul 2, 2016.

1. https://thisislanyshop.com/ Album pre-order up, sad that there's only 9 tracks.
    1. Thick And Thin
    2. Taking Me Back
    3. If You See Her
    4. I Don’t Wanna Love You Anymore
    5. Let Me Know
    6. Run
    7. Valentine’s Day
    8. Thru These Tears
    9. Malibu Nights

2. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Thick And Thin is easily the best one yet. I love those drums.

johnny_tsunami and nooniebao like this.
  3. What is this fucking trend with short albums?

4. I mean, their previous one came out last year and it was 16 songs (and clearly bloated)? So I think they wanted to do something shorter and more fresh for their new project. It's understandable. I still wish it was longer dddd

5. Album is out this Friday!

6. Can’t wait for the album. I haven’t ever heard the two last singles!

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I forgot this was out so soon! Looking forward to listening to it in full, I haven't yet heard the pre-release tracks.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  8. Each song is better than the last. Kill me kings.

9. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

The album's a bit of a letdown to be honest. There's almost no variation between the tracks, and it's a bit of a slog even at nine tracks. Just some interludes (well, not ones like 'Parents' ddd) would help break it all up a bit.

Conan and nooniebao like this.
  10. Yeah agreed, I thought the debut was great if bloated, but it had much more variety than this one offers. It might grow on me but honestly it’s not enticing me to go back to it.

johnny_tsunami and nooniebao like this.
  11. I like the album, but it’s lacking something from their debut. Not only is it severely front-loaded, but the best tracks are those we’d already heard. I’ll use, but more selectively than the last collection; thankfully The 1975’s latest will be here to take its place before I know it.

nooniebao likes this.
  12. We received too many pre-release tracks that made listening to this this weekend very anticlimactic. Tove Styrke’s Sway also suffered the same problem. 3+ instant grat tracks only works if the album is 12 or more songs long.

lushLuck likes this.
  13. It’s definitely growing on me. It’s very one dimensional, not only in sound but especially in mood/topic approach (in case you didn’t know, he’s sad!!!), but if you can relate to it a bit it kind of works. Still, a couple more songs like “Thru These Tears” or “Super Far” would’ve been nice. They should work with Jack Antonoff.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. Not sure what to think of this new album, other than I hope it's a grower?

'Let Me Know', 'Thru These Tears' and the title track were the standouts on my first listen.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is exceptional? The highlights from their debut are all on display here, his voice is one of my favourites around right now. I'm so impressed and full on stanning for them now!

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  16. Malibu Nights music video:

Diet Pop!, flowersandu and 2014 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.