LANY - mama's boy (3rd Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

LANY - mama's boy (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by IDontKnowHer, Jul 2, 2016.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Thru These Tears is the standout for me right now - a great little album.

deepheat03, enricll, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  2. If You See Her is a stand-out for me right now. His voice just clicks for me and I love those "ooo"s in the chorus.

deepheat03, enricll and lushLuck like this.
  3. The final chorus on ‘If You See Her’ is amazing. Wish it was longer, and with a little bit of piano and/or synths at the end à la Banks - ‘Crowdes Places’.

4. The albums quietly grown on me, think it would’ve been better as an EP, not sold on Run or Valentine’s Day.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. I do feel the songs suffer from sounding more like a suite on the same theme, rather than individual pieces. 'If You See Her', 'Let Me Know' and 'Thru These Tears' are strong though.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Ok, so I’ve just discovered LANY and am wigless.

Edit: I dived into Malibu Nights after this post and If You See Her is doing things to me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    lushLuck likes this.
  7. The album has certainly grown on me a ton, but the best songs remain the pre-released tracks, and the whole package pales in comparison to their debut.

8. Why the hell am I finding myself enjoying this CW-soundtrack men-have-feelings-too Urban-Outfitters twee mess

Diet Pop!, TRAVVV, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  9. This is such a perfect description.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This has really become one of my favourite songs of the year. And the album too dddd.

Seger, enricll and lushLuck like this.
  11. For anyone fussed about vinyl, two of their early EPs are £3.99 on thesoundofvinyl.

Diet Pop!, nooniebao and P'NutButter like this.
  12. aux

aux

13. He’s so sexy

14. If I could be a pop act, lipsyncing to a sad bop while riding on the back of a moving vehicle and wistfully looking at the sunset and large body of water would 100% be on my music video bucket list. I love this so much.

nooniebao and lushLuck like this.
    aux and Diet Pop! like this.
  16. Thought that was Jesse McCartney at first ddd

17. I like this song a lot, it’s a cute bop

18. It's fine. Julia Michaels really sucks the life & energy out of every room, doesn't she? This is just inferior to every track on their last album, but I don't mind that it exists.

enricll likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.