Lasgo | The Popjustice Forum

Lasgo

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Rooneyboy, Aug 27, 2017.

1. I'm currently listening to Some Things CD and it's a very strong debut.

Not one filler - and Blue is really haunting.
    They have a very good discography too, very under-rated IMO.

2. I have the European cd single of Alone and it has different radio edit it's great cd I think it's the only one I bought

Rooneyboy likes this.
  3. "Searching" was randomly included on a chillout compilation I had, and what a strong ballad it is. I don't think it was released as a single, was it?

4. I don't think so, I think both ballads (Cry and Searching) are very strong especially for an act like Lasgo.

5. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Lasgo was such a good dance group. Even the second incarnation was excellent.

WowWowWowWow and Rooneyboy like this.
  6. She was uncannily like the first singer wasn't she?

7. Her voice made listening to more than one song something of a chore. Love the Luts guy's song The Rain - Kelly Llorenna would be spinning in her tanning booth if she knew.

8. It's amazing isn't it? How this wasn't a massive European hit is beyond me.

undisco_me and Charley like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Something is glorious - one of the very best dance tracks of that era, maybe ever. I always remember the video too. Such a classic.

Rooneyboy and Mvnl like this.
  10. This was my favourite:

Rooneyboy likes this.
  11. I may need to check out the album later. I had a bit of a MOMENT listening to Something and Alone the other day. The early 2000s I didn't appreciate much for dance music at the time, but looking back now it wasn't all bad.

Rooneyboy likes this.
  12. The UK version (LMC Edit) was the best. It was just that 20% more epic.

13. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Fun fact: the vocalist for this was a contestant on the talent show that got Lasgo their second lead singer.

Rooneyboy likes this.
  14. Think I heard it in Belgium, but I suppose they did tend to get all the top tier trance joints over there for a time.

Rooneyboy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.