Last FM - How do you listen to a specific song? | The Popjustice Forum

Last FM - How do you listen to a specific song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Shockbox, May 27, 2013.

1. I've just found a Bellefire song that was never released before on Last FM.

How do i listen to it? I know I'm probably being incredibly stupid but I've never used Last FM before and anything I click just takes me to Bellefire radio and plays random songs.

Thanks!
    http://www.last.fm/music/Bellefire/_/Got+Me+By+The+Heart

2. You can't play it yourself, it's just what's been scrobbled by other people playing it in the past, there's no streaming device for it that I can see.

3. So this song has been played 3 times on lastfm?

4. No, its been played 3 times by a Last.Fm user on their own devices/computer, and Last.FM is just recording it for their library.

Last.Fm doesn't really allow you to play music apart from the radio function, which is usually random tracks. That page is just a listing from users 'scobbling' (playing) that track from their own source.

5. Right I see.

Is there any way to find out who played it?
    That song is incredibly rare (I've been looking for it for about 6 years).

6. I don't think there is, it seems.

Just to point out, just because it's listed there, doesn't mean they actually have listened to the actual song. For example, here is the listing for Buqua by Lady Gaga. Not the exact same situation, but those 3 listeners could have just renamed a song so it appears as if that's been played.

7. I get what you are saying but I highly doubt someone would have done this for Bellefire. Lady Gaga is a hugely successful artist, Bellefire weren't.

8. It could be something as simple as a live rip (Google tells me they've performed it live). That happens quite a lot on Last.fm to be honest.

9. Don't crush my dreams Citoig of owning this song!

They have so many songs in the vaults of Virgin Records and there was an album sampler that had all the songs available but I can't find that either.

10. It's OK, Whiteflag. We can form a support group. I've been forever haunted by this last.fm listing for Carly Rae Jepsen's version of the 2007 Canadian Idol winner's single, All I Ever Wanted. Sure, it's a schlockfest of a song but as a proper Carly stan it's a bit of a holy grail for me. The weird thing is that it's listed as a song by that season's runner-up, whose version of the song did leak well after the fact, but then it has what looks like legitimate artwork for her version. I'm pretty sure the top 4 from that season each recorded a version, so I irrationally hold out hope that it's actually out there somewhere beyond the Sony vaults.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Someone may very well have downloaded a fake/wrongfully tagged mp3, and by the time they realized it already got scrobbled.

12. I've never been able to make head nor tail of Last FM.

Makes no sense to me at all. I've given up trying.

13. 3Xs

3Xs

Then of course there are those very rare and amazing cases - like AlunaGeorge - where someone from the label was accidentally scrobbling (at the time) unreleased songs and demos!

14. That was BRILLIANT. And there was a link on her page to an agency.

15. I had this problem not long ago. I found Natalie Gauci's 'Ha Ha Ha' album on there, which was mysteriously taken down from iTunes, her website etc., and spent the entire day trying to play it. Then I found out you couldn't listen to a specific song. ****ing brilliant...

16. But you can also get lucky.

Every now and then people ask me about a song. For example DNA by Mania. I just have a webrip but most people don't have any version of the song so they send me a DM and ask me details about it (i.e. I end up fulfilling their needs...)

17. It's a long shot, but you could always leave a shout on the Bellefire page and on the song page, asking if anyone with the song could send it to you.

18. BML

BML

This happened to me a few years ago. Someone sent me a DM asking for my MySpace rips of Lisa D'Amato first few songs she posted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.