Last song of 202X/First song of 202X+1 | The Popjustice Forum

Last song of 202X/First song of 202X+1

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Don't know if anyone else has that habit, but I find it interesting to keep track of the first and last song I listen to on each year. So I thought it would be cool create a thread for everyone to post their last song of 2020 and first song of 2021.

My last song of 2020:

I had Tidal (one of my favourite albums ever and my first go-to pick when I feel like listening to something smooth and mellow) playing during dinner, and it cycled back to Sullen Girl before it turned it off. I didn't actually listen to any more music for the night, so it ended up being the last song I listened to in 2020.

My first song of 2021:

I woke up with the 1 and cardigan stuck in my head, probably due to listening to folklore quite a bit recently thanks to the Big Pop Girls rate (not that I ever stopped playing it, but still), so the first song I listened to in 2021 was cardigan.

Feel free to share yours!

2. Last song of 2020:

First song of 2021:

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

2020 ended with

while 2021 started with

4. Last song of 2020:

First song of 2021:

5. Last Song Of 2020 (It was on the radio just before midnight)

First Song Of 2021 (I always listen to it on 1st January)

6. I don't remember the last of 2020, as it was something on TV.

First of 2021

Remorque, pop3blow2, thommyh and 3 others like this.
  7. According to my last.fm -

Last

at... 5:54PM on 31st. I think I was on Solange binge on my way to the shift and just got cut off in the middle 'cause I had to get off the train?

First

At 6:03am on 1st. I was going home after a night shift and just felt like dozing out watching the sunrise listening to something peaceful nn

Remorque, pop3blow2, soratami and 3 others like this.
  8. Last of 2020:

First of 2021:

Remorque, pop3blow2, soratami and 3 others like this.
  9. Last of 2020:

First of 2021:

[​IMG]

10. I've checked with Last.fm, and my last song of 2020 was 'Here's Where the Story Ends' by the Sundays, which is neat because I didn't plan that – it was the last song I played on December the 28th and I was just too busy for the next 3 days to listen to anything else.

My first song of 2021 was... 'Kinky Boots' by Honor Blackman and Patrick Macnee.

Remorque, pop3blow2, soratami and 2 others like this.
  11. I literally plan this ddd.

I always end the year with my queen of Sprock - often ' Time' but this time a double rate winner:

And my start of the year is the #1 song of the preceding year, this year Kylie:

Remorque, pop3blow2, soratami and 4 others like this.
  12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Last song of 2020:

"Long story short, I survived." WIG!

First song of 2021:

For good luck.

13. Last song of 2020:

First song of 2021:

Remorque, pop3blow2 and soratami like this.
  14. Last song of 2020 (unintentionally):

This was the first year I've actually given thought to what my first song of the year would be, and I opted for:

15. I always plan my first and last plays of the year too. It’s usually my favourite song of the year so I can end and start the year on a musical high. So my last song of 2020 and first song of 2021 was

16. Last song of 2020 - Epiphany: Taylor Swift

First song of 2021 - Optimistic: Hanson

17. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Excluding stuff I heard on the radio/TV...

Last of 2020:

First of 2021:

Remorque, 2014, Sprockrooster and 2 others like this.
  18. I don't know if I should count Hootnenanny. Here Comes The Girls by Trombone Shorty is a good last scrobble though, it would just be predictable saying 'Auld Lang Syne' is my first song of 2021. So I just focus on my last and first choices.

Last song choice of 2020:

First song choice of 2021:

I was thinking Happy New Year by ABBA was going to be my first song, but it was one of my last songs of 2020.

Remorque and soratami like this.
  19. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Last of 2020 was one from a concert I was watching but I don’t remember which ddddd first of 2021 was

20. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Again, excluding stuff from the radio and TV (though I'd be happy for A Second to Midnight to be my last of 2021)...

Last of 2021:

First of 2022:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.