Latto - General Discussion | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Latto - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lego, Aug 26, 2020.

1. The album is really good. I was really out of the loop I didn't even know Big Energy was a real song. I thought it was one of those tiktok mashups. And all the times i've heard clips of it I thought it was Saweetie rapping dd.

Anyway it's definitely a bop. Can't wait to hear the Mariah remix.

soratami likes this.
  2. Isn’t Big Energy produced and co-written by Dr Luke? I adore Mariah but I’d really rather she didn’t jump on a track with his name on it.

1986 likes this.
  3. If it’s true it’s gross, he’s a rapist.

4. The original, yes, but it seems that this could be reproduced by DJ Khaled. We will find out on Monday!

Txetxu likes this.
  5. Oh wow didn't know this. That's unfortunate. A concerning amount of sexual offenders on one album.

6. Oh no!
    This is so disappointing, I’ve been absolutely loving that song lately. I didn’t know much about Latto and I rarely look up the producer/writer of a song so I genuinely had no idea he was involved.

It’s a total joke that he still has a career.

Aiden and slaybellz like this.
  7. Wouldn’t he still have some sort of credit attached to it though ??

slaybellz likes this.
  8. It’s very likely, but I think we should reserve judgment until we get the full details. I don’t think it’s right to criticise something without knowing all the facts first.

9. I really hope this is true cause Dr. Luke scoring a song with Mariah would be really bad...

I don't know if this is true or just fan wishful thinking but it would explain DJ Khaled's presence. Regardless though I believe Luke would still be credited yeah.

superultra, nooniebao, Aiden and 2 others like this.
  10. The album is good, though I was definitely expecting it to be a bit poppier. Big Energy is pretty much an outlier, though I guess it makes sense as it was the only song Dr Luke was involved in.

11. The Mariah remix of Big Energy is jarring. The original has become one of my favourite songs of the moment.

12. Despite the remix being a hot mess it is just great that Mariah actually did this and Latto must be in heaven she agreed. A generous Queen.

Txetxu and soratami like this.
  13. It was pitched to Saweetie first which is why I think it’s so jarring as a Latto song.

14. Really? I called this when big Energy dropped dd

The fact it got Latto album released when Sweetie will still be teasing Pretty Bitxh Music in 2024…

ohdenny and 3Xs like this.
  15. I just heard this on UK radio… her imperial phase I fear

16. It all makes sense now because this is the only Latto song I can’t stand.

17. I've seen two shares of it today from elderly greek cigs...

Txetxu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.