Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter (7th Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Andy French, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Just listened to this immediately after Fetch The Bolt Cutters on my good headphones...

[​IMG]

2. I liked this from the very beginning, but it's grown even more the past few weeks. What a gorgeous album, I'm absolutely in awe.

3. Laura is a guest on this week's episode of The Adam Buxton Podcast - apart from chatting to Adam she played three songs off the new album: Fortune, The End of the Affair and the title track. Her speaking voice is so soothing (no pun intended), I also find her to be quite intriguing as a person.

I had no idea she used to host her own podcast - I'm gonna dive right in it starting this evening.

4. Well there’s my bedtime ASMR sorted. That sounds shady but I swear that isn’t how I mean it!

5. Blow by Blow tore my hair out strand by stand and I was appreciative of every painful tug.

constantino likes this.
  6. Thanks for this. I’m listening now and not even Laura herself not liking Short Movie for all the reasons I adore it.

EDIT: She’s just played Fortune and oh wow oh wow we love a 10am cry.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    sinner likes this.
  7. I'm on a Laura binge and stumbled across this Fortune performance recorded for Later... with Jools Holland:

Beautiful stuff, she's so precious!

8. It really is a fantastic record. And perfect for lockdown in the sunny garden.

9. Fortune is one of her most beautiful tracks in years. I also adore End of the Affair.

Those tracks topped off by Hope We Meet Again. I just melt when she almost just talks her lyrics.

Such a trinity of songs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.