Laura Mvula - 3rd Album | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Mvula - 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Dec 6, 2012.

1. That sounds good, but she looks even better!

2. I've avoided all the snippets and honestly will join @beyoncésweave in sowing the seed that this will be THE album of 2021!

D.Jay, eddy2375, Butterfly and 5 others like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Crikey I'm SO excited - Phenomenal Woman still gives me so much life so anything in a similar sort of vein to that will be perfect!

4. I’ve only discovered Laura earlier this year, but I’ve listened to her songs daily since March. You could say I’m obsessed. She’s been my constant companion during these isolation months, keeping me sane. I am here for all this anticipation and I’ll join the going out on a limb for best album of 2021. Cannot wait.

5. but wow what a moment. Perched for whatever she has in store.

D.Jay, eddy2375, Butterfly and 3 others like this.
  6. Super excited for this, something tells me that she will strike it lucky this time similarly to how Lianne La Havas did with her third record. Laura deserves the world for the amount of talent she so clearly has.

To celebrate the good news about the album being completed I watched the video for Phenomenal Woman - the sheer confidence Laura exudes is off the scale here. And the looks she's serving - it's a joy to watch.

7. I cannot wait for this album. Sing To The Moon is still in my Top 5 albums of all time, and she is one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I'm so hyped for this.

8. I'm glad I didn't obsessively collect & replay snippets because she must have posted the entire album by now - but everything I have heard sounded so great. I hope 3rd time is the charm RE: the wider recognition she deserves. There are few artists on her level.

Timbo and Trouble in Paradise like this.

9. This absolute serve! Is it a lyric reference? Easily my most anticipated album (Arlo Parks being the runner up cause we are celebrating Black British Excellence in 2021!)

Skyline, D.Jay, Timbo and 1 other person like this.
  10. That would make an incredible album cover.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.