Laura Mvula - 4th Album | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Mvula - 4th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Dec 6, 2012.

1. she's beautiful and I really dig the simple sepia aesthetic around both the video and the ep, but She is SUCH a boring song, it makes Corinne Bailey Rae sound daring...

2. I just love this. Heard her interviewed on BBC Radio 1 the other day when she came fourth on the Sound of 2013, she sounded so warm and down to earth. An early contender for my favourite new artist of 2013.

3. innamor.

innamor. Guest

I love her since I got her single free off iTunes. Beautiful!

4. It's an absolutely beautiful song that falls somewhere between Nina Simone and Bon Iver. More of the same please!

5. Can't Live With The World is such a beautiful song. I'm looking forward to her album.

6. A&E

A&E

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Amazing!

8. Sounds so fresh and uncomplicated...

9. Well this is rather charming. Fresh.

Edit: I was referring to 'Like The Morning Due'. I'll listen to 'She' now, which will hopefully have the same response from me.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. I love the hymnal aspects of Green Garden and She.

11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

It's like Mark Ronson meets Xenomania. Amazing.

12. 'Green Garden' is very nice, although I can envision the Apple commercials featuring it right now.

13. You are selling me this girl in this thread. Off for my first listen.

And back from my first listen. Not sold yet, but I'll check out her album. Her voice didn't immediately draw me in, and that's the first thing I need. Music is lovely though.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  14. LoveLockdown

LoveLockdown Guest

I love Green Gardens, not so much She (I'm not really here for those kind of songs sadly). Will be getting her album (as long as it keeps delivering) and dad will love her. He's a big fan of Ayo, and she reminds me of her.

15. Green Gardens. Now that's what I'm here for.

16. A&E

A&E

New music videos!

Here's one for "She":

[video=youtube;cG8dCuMibdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8dCuMibdI[/video]

And another one for "Green Garden":

[video=youtube;5akYnlwubDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akYnlwubDo[/video]

The "dancing while walking" part of the latter video reminded me somewhat of Yael Naïm's "Go to the River".

17. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The Green Garden video is good, and the cinematography is really well done.

18. innamor.

innamor. Guest

The live version of Green Garden is much better than the actual single.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.