Laura Mvula - 4th Album | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Mvula - 4th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I hope this means another single. The title track, perhaps? It'd be perfect for autumn/winter.

2. Well, she recorded "Sing to the Moon" for Live Lounge, so it's probably safe to assume that's the next single - yay!

She also did a cover of "Try" by Pink...

[video=youtube;ISTUGWRgWBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISTUGWRgWBo[/video]

3. "Sing to the Moon" is C-listed on Radio 1 and tonight Laura won the MOBO Awards for Best R&B/Soul Act and Best Female Act!

4. Super glad Sing To The Moon's getting a proper release!

5. Just got this album and love it. Laura is slipping a bit under the radar just like Josephine did last year with her brilliant album 'Portrait'. I wish these ladies would get more coverage.

6. She looked stunning on Jools Holland, those nails!

7. She's releasing an orchestral version of Sing to the Moon tomorrow - here's the sampler:

[video=youtube;oevsnvyfghU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oevsnvyfghU[/video]

8. She's got a new song, "You Work for Me", on the soundtrack for The Man from U.N.C.L.E. It sounds very sweeping and Shirley Bassey/"Diamonds Are Forever"-esque - nothing at all like Sing to the Moon. I like it!

9. I hope her next record is still in the stylings of her first. It's really nice to experience a musician with such a refreshing approach to their own work.

10. Ooh, I love this! I can't wait for new things from her - she needs to do a Bond theme one day.

11. She's amazing. She should've done the Bond theme. You Work For Me is actually better than the Bond theme.

MarlonBrando86 likes this.
  12. Imma need another Green Garden and Like The Morning Dew in 2016.

I miss this queen.

13. This is glorious. I think I ascended in that last 90 seconds.

14. It's so good!

15. It sort of just washed over me on first listen. Hmmmm...

16. Niles' guitar work on this is delicious. There's also an element to this song that makes it feel as if it's Florence Welch doing early 90s dance music. I like that.

17. In other news, I walked past her in Carnaby Street the other day. She is an absolutely astounding looking person.

18. I have been slain. This has a bit of M.I.A. in it. Loving it.

Vasilios likes this.
  19. This is outstanding. I'm very excited for her return.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.