Laura Mvula - 4th Album | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Mvula - 4th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Dec 6, 2012.

1. She’s talented and deserves better, but I also think she needs some stronger songs with proper hooks.

It’s the only way to solidify an audience.

Euphoria likes this.
  2. Honestly, I do think she needs to get on with it, but I wouldn't want to minimize the ~artistic journey~ it takes to create 10-12 tracks.

AfternoonsInUtopia likes this.

3. Entirely too short but it's fantastic, it's so good to hear her voice again.

4. Brighter Dawn is lovely. It looks like she'll be playing with an 80s version of her sound for this new album but I really wouldn't mind if she delivered something very similar to The Dreaming Room like this.
    She's in LA finishing up the album so hopefully it'll be out this year.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  5. It feels like such a gift to hear her again and still in such command!

LE0Night and Skyline like this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She sounds phenomenal!

LE0Night likes this.
  7. I've been revisiting her albums in the past few days and god, what a catalogue she has already!

She has to be one of the most underrated artists. I hope Atlantic push her in the US because there's likely way more of a market for her there.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.

8. Looks like she still deals with crippling anxiety, my hat goes off to her for pushing through.

Album is almost done by the sounds of it! It looks like Dann Hume is the main collaborator, at least for these latest sessions. I looked him up and he's mostly worked with Australian musicians (Troye Sivan, Tina Arena, Amy Shark, Tkay Maidza). No-one jumps out as having similar music to Laura from my knowledge, so it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Skyline and Trouble in Paradise like this.

9. Amazing as always, sounds like she's coming soon?

10. God I hope so. Phenomenal Woman came on my Spotify last month, and I thought, who is this? I’d never heard of Laura Mvula before. Since then, I’ve taken a magical journey through her discography. She is amazing and she’s exactly what I didn’t know I needed right now. Officially obsessed.

Butterfly likes this.
  11. I just listened to The Dreaming Room for the first time in yonks...god, what an album - one of the last decade's best. Had to straighten my wig a bit after listening to the song in that Instagram post and seeing the sheer delight on her face - very exciting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.