Laura Mvula - Pink Noise | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Mvula - Pink Noise

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Okay but wait at this Rose Royce / Strictly Come Dancing audition / major POPSTAR serve.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  2. This post really made me smile.

3. What a great video!

4. I discovered Got Me over the weekend and I’ve been obsessed. So much so I just ordered the album on vinyl.
    What else of this glorious woman’s music should I be checking out?

5. Well I heard the video mix on the radio so I guess it's just the radio edit

6. Her ‘1/f’ EP from earlier this year is well worth checking out. It’s reworks of her older songs in a new 80s/electronic style, and was essentially her first teaser of this new sound.

Trouble in Paradise and craiggci like this.
  7. Yes, I've added that to my playlist, looking forward to hearing it. I'm a sucker for this sound!

8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

New song What Matters with Simon Neil is out on Thursday!!!

9. It’s SUCH a good song. So excited to hear the studio version.

10. [​IMG]

Petty Mayonnaise, Butterfly and 2014 like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

They actually sounded really good together on the livestream so I have high hopes!!

12. I’m excited but the amount of pre-releases for this short album is excessive!

13. I am actually half tempted to not listen to this new one until I receive my album, for the same reason.

14. The only reason I’ll listen is because I’ve been hammering it anyway from the live stream concert — but I’m not crazy about knowing about half the album before release.

15. Production remains immaculate. Love this tune. Kind of enjoyed the clearer/more to the front vocals in the live stream, but it’s still a serve.

16. The outro is stellar. If there’s one thing about Laura, it’s that she knows how to later a good outro

Timbo and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  17. I've been bouncing around ideas for the next rate that I want to host, and I really think I would love to host a Laura Mvula rate. She's got enough material now with her 3rd album mere weeks away that it could be a fun one. With her 3 albums and the bonus tracks/one off/features I think it would be around 55 songs. If I were to do this, would people be interested?

18. Count me in!

19. I'd be here for it for sure

20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is lush.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.