Laura Mvula - Pink Noise | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Laura Mvula - Pink Noise

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Cognitive Dissonance, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Do I smell an imperial phase coming?

(probably not; nothing I instantly fall in love with gets above 63 in the charts)

2. Sing to the Moon is one of my favourite albums of the last few years... so glad the new album is coming! This sounds like an extension of that sound but still boasts that Mvula magic. Welcome back!

3. FUCK YES!

What a progression!

4. KAG

KAG

I wasn't keen on 'Overcome' at first but it gets better with every listen. 2:16 onwards is especially gorgeous.

I was actually in the audience when she performed ‘Green Garden’ for the first time on Graham Norton. She sounded great but at one point, a very drunk Mark Wahlberg got up and started dad dancing and clapping along and then Graham told him to sit back down. So whenever I listen to that song, that memory is engraved in my mind.

ManilaChinchilla likes this.
  5. Why hasn't this thread exploded? This song is kinda monumentally good.

6. Loving it!!! 2016 started a bit rocky musically but this song is an exception to that

7. I'm so pleased with this because her first album was, frankly, fucking amazing from start to finish - ambitious, harmonically incredibly interesting by comparison to her peers, and her voice is so gorgeous. Also, pop could definitely do with more young black Brummy women geniuses, thanks.

But I'm also pleased because it's brilliant, and very her. I feared a Nile Rodgers collaboration might have meant an attempt to get a "goes down nice and easy" hit for the mainstream. Instead, it sounds like they've both stretched themselves. It also sounds suspiciously like a meeting of equals. So, yes, bring on the album.

8. That video was the religious experience I hoped it would be. She's a stunning woman, and everything is so striking. I hope this does well for her - it just makes me so happy.

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

What a song, it's so exhilarating. Perfect video for it too, she is a sensational looking woman.

beyoncésweave likes this.
  10. Watched the video and the whole thing clicked. It's beautiful and really enhances the song.

11. Let's link

beyoncésweave, Punka and 2014 like this.
  12. I loved this on first listen, then I listened again and found it kind of meanders along. Then I listened to Green Garden and that just sealed this songs fate for me.

Someboy likes this.
  13. A&E

A&E

mcuk and MarlonBrando86 like this.
  14. It's, well, phenomenal.

15. Guest member

Guest member Guest

I'm 100% unfamiliar with her previous output, but I stumbled upon "Phenomenal Woman" the other day and it is fucking amazing.

When the chorus kicks in at 0:27... I was not ready.

16. Oh this is fantastical. Although the backing vocals on the chorus are a bit too Green Garden for my taste.

17. Album's been pushed back to 17th June, presumably to allow "Phenomenal Woman" to gain traction. Here's the artwork:

[​IMG]

18. Ultra Nate-tastic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.