Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed | The Popjustice Forum

Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by maverick_79, Jan 6, 2022.

1. A former American Idol contestant, Fingers Crossed is currently no 1 on US Apple Music and iTunes. Obviously taking the Olivia template and running, but the song is good.

2. Saw some tweets about this song and just listened... yikes? Her voice is painfully annoying and affected, and the whole thing sounds like such a "drivers license" retread.

3. Aside from the fact that the template is very similar, the song itself reminds me quite a lot of Olivia's "happier" too.

4. From that 15 Second Preview she's giving me more Tones & I than Oliva

5. The pronunciation of "fingers".

6. also no 1 on U.K. Spotify.

7. Why and how is it number one on UK Spotify?!

8. She teased it on Tik Tok a while ago and it went viral. People have been waiting for her to release it.

Alphableat likes this.
  9. She had like 3 million followers on Tiktok before the release. She has a nice voice but sometimes. she does this thing when singing that is very annoying, bit like Mimi Webb.

10. Fingers crossed is immensely frustrating to me, as on paper it's exactly the kind of thing I'm into, but the melody is so generic, it could have just as easily been written by an algorithm. Or Zara Larsson, whichever.

NEXT>

11. Flowers music video:

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.