Le Kid (Album & Singles) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Le Kid (Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by FoucaultsFolly, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

Aw, wow that really was amazing. Great sense of humour!

2. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

Urgh they're trying to be all quirky.

Bad move.

3. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

They pulled it off perfectly, that video was very funny.

4. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

It was pretty cute and clever.

5. popknark

popknark Moderator

Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

I take it you don't subscribe to their YouTube page.

6. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

Not one mention of Can't Speak French. They are clearly still self censoring!

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I was disappointed that they didn't say "and we copied Girls Aloud" at any point during that.

8. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

After the first line, I was expecting that. Either way, it was pretty funny. Good to see they have a sense of humour.

9. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

haha, brilliant!

10. PPG

PPG

If I managed to understand a radio interview they did, the next single in Sweden is "We Should Go Home Together."

Cleggar linked to this video earlier, but here they are performing it, with audio from the studio version added in after filming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS42U3BtG2w

Super-bouncy, peppy pop--maybe a little PWL-esque? I love the "ooo"s in the middle eight.

In other news, they performed a cover of the Killers' "Mr. Brightside" at a Twilight event a month ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMCPpY1sEpc

Edit: I should add that they also recently released some remixes of "Mercy Mercy" (including one, "Stay The Mix," that incorporates Alcazar's "Stay The Night") and did a remix of Eric Saade's "Break The Dawn." They made their TV performance debut with "Mercy Mercy," too.

11. popknark

popknark Moderator

They're the most promising band to come out of Sweden since Pay TV! I'm furious with Rix FM for not adding "Mercy Mercy". Loving "We Should Go Home Together", and I'm loving that Killers cover. They should do an entire indie cover album.

After two full-length albums with original songs, of course.

12. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy (Album & Singles)

They've been signed to 3beat in the UK for a while now. The Mercy, Mercy release is meant to happen 'later this year'. Filming the video for 2nd single tomorrow.

13. popknark

popknark Moderator

Definitely one of my favourite singles of the year. Why aren't there more people cramming over this?! Music doesn't get more Popjustice friendly than this.

14. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy + We Should Go Home Together

I do absolutely love Le Kid and have done for about a year, I just wish they would bloody release something! I live in the UK and can't buy anything from them!

But yeah, this new song is amazing and instantly catchy and familiar. Album soon please!

15. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy + We Should Go Home Together

Loved Le Kid since I heard Mercy Mercy in summer '09. This video is so campy & fun, and the song is some fine 80's influenced pop. Like everyone else I'm dying to hear some more material ASAP.

16. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy + We Should Go Home Together

I've heard about 3/4 of the album and every track is potential single. It's seriously that good.

The songs and videos are pure pop perfection. I love their humour as well. They are the kind of band that would have had so much fun doing a Smash Hits shoot and interview, if it were still around.

I think the plan is to launch them properly UK wise beginning of next year.

17. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy + We Should Go Home Together

We Should Go Home Together is a phenomenal song and I'm left wondering why this thread hasn't been bumped in light of its being song of the day. This band is taking ridiculously long to release stuff though - I remember liking Mercy Mercy eons ago then completely forgetting about it. Not a smart way to extract money from me, Le Kid!

18. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy + We Should Go Home Together

We Should Go Home Together is a fantastic song. I want an album so bad!

19. Re: Le Kid - Mercy Mercy + We Should Go Home Together

Love the video to 'We Should Go Home Together'.

Any news on an album release? I am in the UK but even insterested in a Swedish album release if no date for a UK one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.