LE SSERAFIM | The Popjustice Forum

LE SSERAFIM

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, May 7, 2022.

?

Who's your bias in Le Sserafim?

1. Sakura

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Chaewon

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Yunjin

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  4. Kazuha

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Garam

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Eunchae

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

[​IMG]
    LE SSERAFIM is HYBE & Source Music's new girl group, that debuted on May 2, 2022, with their mini-album FEARLESS.

MEMBERS:

Kim Chaewon (born 2000) - Leader, lead vocal
    Miyawaki Sakura (born 1998) - Vocalist
    Huh Yunjin (born 2001) - Main vocal
    Nakamura Kazuha (born 2003) - Main dancer, main rapper
    Kim Garam (born 2005) - Vocalist
    Hong Eunchae (born 2006) - Dancer, vocalist, maknae

DISCOGRAPHY:

[​IMG]
    FEARLESS (1st Mini Album) - May 2, 2022

2. eccentricsimply

I just made this thread so I have an excuse to spam Yunjin fancams not gonna lie

But also, they already have quite a bit of content to get to know the girls

Havana, enjoy, eatyourself and 7 others like this.
  3. As an IZ*ONE fan I was obviously anticipating their debut. Especially because Chaewon was always one of my faves. So it was a big relief that I ended up loving the title track and EP.
    But man... this performance of Blue Flame really got a chokehold on me.

I think I've watched it like 6 or 7 times already. The outfits, choreography and song itself are probably the closest a post-disbandment act has veered into IZ*ONE territory so far and ahhhh this all I ever wanted. So funky and energetic. And it's still extremely feminine and whimsy. That moment at 1:40? Pleek! There's so much personality. They really knocked it out of the park with this performance for me.

And I can only repeat myself: Kazuha is such a unique, maybe once in a lifetime, idol. Her mysterious recruiting story, natural appearance, ballerina grace, her obvious athleticism... I love how the make up artists make it look like she's barefaced most of the time. She always looks like she just stepped out of the shower. And don't even get me started on her suspiciously high level of singing and dancing (not ballet) and rapping skills.
    I don't remember the last time a girl had such a grip on me. Insane. What a refreshing addition to K-pop.

tj-x, mokimbird, ultraviolet and 6 others like this.
  4. I don’t often watch fancams but I have hammered Yunjin and Kazuha fancams these past few days. They are STARS. Sakura and Chaewon are also giving legendaric and the group as a whole is giving nothing but serve.

Havana, tj-x, ultraviolet and 4 others like this.
  5. First win! Wow!

enjoy, tj-x, eatyourself and 3 others like this.
  6. The girls reaction to the MV is super cute. And they look excited for the infamous floor scene dd

7. My first reaction of Fearless erred on the negative side but it has grown on me and Blue Flame is kinda giving SOTY.

Kazuha is just so cool.

8. Garam's scandal gets worse and worse by the hour and neither Hybe nor Soumu say anything, really should've pulled a Lovelyz until the issue is solved or at least release another statement or something, not like they're a small company; if it's true they should just kick her out already and save the other girls the trouble of having to deal with all this shit srsly

Vixen, singabob, superloves and 2 others like this.
  9. Still more things coming out about this.

I completely agree with what @eccentricsimply said in the main thread and it has been my stance on a lot of these bullying scandals.

I don’t see what good it is in keeping her in unless the group lays low for a while and the public slowly forgets about it (if they do) because to me it feels unfair on the other members that get attached to this during their debut era.

Anyway, I’m a bit obsessed with the Cassie mashup of Fearless that’s been doing the rounds on TikTok at the moment.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tsb4TG1j6ns?feature=share

Vixen, Joli Chat, singabob and 2 others like this.
  10. Idk if kicking Garam out is even necessary at this point? The girls are smashing. Sure, this whole scandal is somewhat tarnishing their brand but they may actually survive it (at least based on how little effect it's having right now in terms of commercial success). It certainly is interesting to see that HYBE/Source are backing her. Especially since the evidence against her is... a big fat zero. So kudos to them for not making the typical K-pop agency knee jerk reaction and just kicking her out without putting up any fight for their (young) artists (Cube/Soojin comes to mind immediately).

As for Garam herself; I really would hate for her to leave. It's obvious that she was pushed to be the center and part of the vocal line. And it's easy to see why. HYBE should limit her lines and screen time for the next one or two comebacks (for her own well-being) and then revert to featuring her as much as in FEARLESS.

11. eccentricsimply

I don't think Garam adds that much to the group, but I also don't think HYBE sees the point in kicking her out. I think people might have forgotten that they have a full on webtoon set to come out and that's been on the works for a long time, so there's a lot of content that relies on all of them being there that would have to be tossed if they got rid of her. With the song doing well digitally and their physicals being as high as they are, it's kind of a *shrug* situation.

I do think, however, that HYBE shouldn't have been sooooooo pointed in saying that she's 100% innocent. Would've been safer to say they are just looking into it and then that things are going to be solved in court. It's what JYPE did with Lia and as much as she gets shit online, most people have moved on.

ohdenny, Vixen, ultraviolet and 2 others like this.
  12. They’ve cancelled their Music Bank appearance. I’ll guess we’ll have to wait and see how this pans out.

13. Like damn... asking her to pull up?​

14. Is that webtoon's
    [​IMG]
    Garam to be replaced by Hyewon confirmed

eatyourself likes this.

15. Oh wow...

They can't catch a break...

16. eccentricsimply

Kazuha and Sakura have an interview coming out today

Made me think that in the case of Garam really being kicked or put on a hiatus, HYBE could have the girls promote and debut in Japan while they fix the content set to be released from six to five members. No one expects high scale Japanese debuts from Korean groups anyway so, might as well take advantage of this market that is a given for them thanks to Sakura.

17. Well, here we are. The OT5 performance garnered overwhelmingly positive responses while Garam being kicked out is by far the most supported option by both Korean and overseas fans. At this point I’m just waiting for the announcement of her departure.

Something about being a massive dickhead at 12/13/14 dictating the course of your future, even years after, just doesn’t sit right with me. And this goes beyond LSFM or K-pop. This unquenched thirst for eternal punishment and damnation on a collective basis is just… dystopian.

LE SSERAFIM will recover eventually. Garam on the other hand had her entire teen mess, as bad or not it might be, aired out on full display for the whole world to see. Let’s hope she finds her way in the future as well.

18. Yes, totally agreed. It is sick how online fandom find glee in a teenagers career being over. And idk, as far as i looked the case feels both sided.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.