LE SSERAFIM | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

LE SSERAFIM

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, May 7, 2022.

?

Who's your bias in Le Sserafim?

1. Sakura

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Chaewon

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Yunjin

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  4. Kazuha

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Garam

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Eunchae

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yeah it’s okay if the victims kill themselves just because the bully was a bit of a “dickhead”

As long as the idol’s life isn't ruined

2. I don’t think that was the point of what the post where you got that “quote”. No one is glorifying bullying or giving it a pass, I feel like these posts are addressing how fucked up is the aspect of kids’ businesses being thrown out to the air in a very sensationalist manner. Being a bully when you’re a kid is shitty. Being a bully overall is unacceptable! Kids fuck up. But the problem is when kids are judged in the realm of adults which is what I think people are truly mentioning here — all these aspects can be valid at the same time. Personally, I think that Source should have gone through the STAYC recruitment side of things and make sure that they just get people with clean records in the group, they didn’t and now there’s this mess that well. Much can be said about it.

We should also address something in this ordeal: do some people really care about what happened? Or they’re using this situation as convenient leverage to air their GFRIEND disbandment frustrations?

thommyh, ultraviolet, ohdenny and 8 others like this.
  3. Who killed themselves tho? You do realize that in this instance bullying is more of an umbrella term for general fighting rather than the most severe cases of psychological tyranny that can indeed lead to attempts of ending one's life. G-IDLE's Soojin calling a classmate ugly was deemed to be an act of bullying by many.

In Garam's case, for all we know this could very well be a fight that was mutually acted on. I am sure that at this point no one's arguing whether she did something or not, since it's clear that there's no smoke without fire. She's not an angel because no one is. Plus she apparently did get the punishment in accordance to the rules of the School Violence Committee.
    So my point is, coming out with this very biased one-sided story of her being a tyrant a day after she was revealed to be a member of LE SSERAFIM could very well be just an attempt of vengeance. I mean even if the entire ordeal was as black and white as the alleged victim is claiming, Garam did get punished. So what now? Should she be stripped off of any chance of pursuing any sort of goals as a public person in fear it might spite victims of the past?

And yes, I do think that young people should always get a second chance. This goes beyond 'idols'. I'm not being some blind stan who's just arguing for the sake of his faves. Ultimately this comes down to personal values and I have always believed in people being able to redeem themselves in one way or another without having to be stripped off their dignity or being forced to live in seclusion (clearly this doesn't apply to cases of r*pe, s*xual harassment or p*edophilia).

If you have a stronger and firmer stance on cases like this one than that's fair enough. I won't question your moral code since you're very much entitled to that but don't make it seem like I am defending reckless behavior for the sake of someone whose music I like.

4. First performance as 5. They did well.

ultraviolet, Wills, Vixen and 4 others like this.
  5. LE SSERAFIM being one of the only kpop groups that has a name which implies a certain number of members and it possibly being ruined in their debut is a bit of a kii.

They did great as 5 as expected, uneven numbered choreo just hits harder.

6. The horse head Sinb buried under SouMu's basement is in full effect I see...

It's so shitty to see them lose a member right after debut, it gives 2nd gen messy lineup changes. I can't lie though... they work so much better as 5. Like @eccentricsimply said in the general thread, Eunchae works as the Yeri, Kazuha is already in the list of 100 best idols in history and the other three... can you say legendaric?

9 Muses stays influencing!

Vixen, R92, codecat and 2 others like this.
  7. The Ministry of Education wouldn’t get involved over general fighting. As for the level of punishment, this case was given the same score/grade of punishment: it is serious.

The victim in the most high profile legal case (who didn’t even make the initial post after Garam’s debut, so it’s not a case of vengeance) has since attempted suicide after she’s had numerous threats made against her. It’s not just a “uwu kids make mistakes” thing, it’s extremely serious. Not only is the girl’s life ruined but now her parents have had to give everything up to look after her 24/7. This is all in addition to the initial abuse she suffered.

This case seems much more extreme than any others, and far different from Soojin’s. The only similar one is maybe April’s since Hyunjoo also attempted suicide, and the company/members responded not with concern but their only goal was to save their own skins.

I’m sure Garam will get a second chance at something in life, but for it to be working in a industry which involves regularly appearing on public broadcasts? I can see why Koreans wouldn’t be happy watching their taxes being spent that way.

As for the girl who tried to take her own life, I really hope she gets a chance to live her life as normally as possible.

8. It indeed seems serious from that article, but... that's not Garam's case, is it? So we can't know what she did, only what Korean Ministry of Education thought of it... so we just hope that they did their job correctly I guess?
    So you mean she's attempted s*icide after filing her claim? As in, she did it because of K-pop stans threatening her, and not Garam? I'm really just trying to understand.
    Hmm I guess it seems like that but again, we just don't know do we? Or is there a detailed report of what went on between them that I just couldn't find?

I echo what has been said above - this is not about excusing what she did or even questioning it, but rather about reflecting on how much is known about it for anyone on the internet to come to such steadfast conclusions. Everything I've found on the case is the victim's stance on HYBE's positioning, and the evidence of what went on is just blurry, scribbled-on pictures of official reports and documents, never a word on what really happened, even if one-sided.

Maybe the stuff going around before their debut has all been put down by HYBE and that's why I can find it, maybe the victim's initial post denouncing the actions was made private/unavailable, and if people saw it before they may have an idea on whether this was indeed the work of a teenage sociopath as it's all being painted to be. I'm really claiming ignorance here and hoping someone would elucidate me with facts.

ultraviolet, Wills, enjoy and 3 others like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

That is what I understand to be the case based on the legal firm’s statement. The person who originally brought up the accusations is not the same person as the one being represented by the law firm. What is alleged to have happened is that someone doxxed the other student and she was harassed constantly to the point where she tried to take her own life. This is not Garam’s fault, but I’m willing to bet most of the harassers were Garam’s stans emboldened by Hybe’s statements. I really think this part should not be glossed over (edit: not saying anybody is doing this). How Hybe responded to this case is absolutely unacceptable. They are the ones who created this environment where minors, including Garam, are being put under intense scrutiny with very serious consequences.

As for the details of the school violence case, there is no clear understanding of the events and unless the law firm follows through with their threat to release them, I don’t think there will ever be.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  10. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

That's the exact thing for me. I don't want to completely erase the responsibility of someone just because they are a minor/was a very young teen when shit happened, but there's so much that is at the fault of adults, especially whoever the fuck is responsible for this stuff at HYBE, and most of my anger is directed at them.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

And I didn’t even mention the part about HYBE threatening to sue a minor (the first person who made accusations).

12. eccentricsimply

When I tell you she's my daughter for real for real!!!

Crafty, Crisp X, enjoy and 4 others like this.
  13. They’re going to be fine and totally drop Garam aren’t they?

ultraviolet, eatyourself and ysev like this.
  14. I need them to be okay cause I'm obsessed with Yunjin.

boombazookajoe, ultraviolet and ysev like this.
  15. eccentricsimply

With these charts, I really wouldn't worry

They stopped uploading videos on YouTube for a week, but today they added this

Hopefully the girls can go back to posting on their twitter and on weverse #soon

16. The mics were on!

Crisp X, ultraviolet, tj-x and 5 others like this.
  17. Oh Chaewon ate.

ultraviolet, tj-x, ysev and 2 others like this.
  18. Ummm Sakura singing that chorus in a low key???? I'm shook! A baritone!

They struggled a bit but with that choreography I wouldn't have sung 1/5 of what they did! Except for Chaewon, she left no margin for error.

19. Yunjin such a star.

Crisp X, ultraviolet, tj-x and 2 others like this.
  20. The way the last four five posts have all name dropped a different girl’s name. Stars, all of em!

ysev, ultraviolet, tj-x and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.