Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You + EP | The Popjustice Forum

Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You + EP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Leah's an up and coming pop gal who has been putting out singles for the last year, but is now finally releasing a true EP and going on tour. Very PJ friendly, and though she's indie, her material is co-funded by Alexis Ohanian (?!)

I swear she used to have a thread but I can't find it ANYWHERE so starting this one!

Most well-known song:

Latest bop:

Subwaykid and aaronhansome like this.
  2. EP is out, stream it thots

Subwaykid and aaronhansome like this.

Diet Pop! likes this.
  4. New single that’s having a cute TikTok moment:

6. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

7. It’s literally 7 Things by Miley Cyrus except with 3 more things.

8. Queen of going viral and still winning in the end!

Diet Pop! likes this.
  9. RMK

RMK

I had no idea she was 29. Saw some tweets bringing that up while dissing these snippets. She's definitely aiming to appear younger than she is, but it feels a bit like ageism to attack her for it. The song itself sounds juvenile and terrible.

10. Sources on the internet have her age listed as 25/26 and born in ‘96.

11. We joke about industry plants around these parts but her family literally owns radio stations and she's signed to an 'indie' label owned by Universal Music Group's CEO's son.

12. Twinkle Twinkle Little Bitch gave me a level of secondhand embarrassment that I didn't know was possible. It feels like it was intentionally made to cause outrage which makes it even more embarrassing. The labels have lost their minds with these new TikTok pop stars.

HairBodyFace, superultra, RMK and 2 others like this.
  13. It's giving Gabbie Hanna.

Slice of Life likes this.
  14. Okay but these actually kinda slapped.

15. https://www.lotuscorp.com/losangeles-california

Wait.

16. I think she’s been honest from the beginning about her backstory and the funding she gets from Alexis Ohanian. I say this as someone who’s been familiar with her pre-TikTok success.

Sanctuary likes this.
  17. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

What is this supposed to mean??? It doesn’t change the fact that she’s embarrassing and the song is trash FFFFFFF

superloves likes this.
  18. RMK

RMK

I.. Don't know where this is coming from then? There's stacks and stacks of tweets.

This clip went viral:

19. She's not signed to any label, she has a distribution deal.

nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.