Lee Hyori | The Popjustice Forum

Lee Hyori

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Ribzy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Lee Hyori (이효리) (born May 10, 1979) is a South Korean R&B & hip-hop singer and actress. She started off as part of the successful K-pop girl group Fin.K.L, but has since become a solo artist. Her first album was very successful, winning many "Daesangs" (a Korean award equivalent to "Artist of the Year") for that album. She has since become the highest-paid female singer in South Korea.

Albums:
    Stylish...E (2003)
    Dark Angel (2006)
    It's Hyorish (2008)
    H.Logic (2010)

Singles:
    10 Minutes
    Hey Girl
    Anystar
    Get Ya
    Shall We Dance
    Straight Up
    U-Go-Girl
    Hey Mr.Big
    Swing
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

2. She's so gorgeous.. My brother is in love with her!

I love U-Go-Girl.

3. GULL HEY UGO GULL. Amazing.

4. She's amazing! My favorite Kpop artist, can't wait for her Comeback!

5. Fun fact: during her silent few months after the X Factor, I desperately wanted Cher Lloyd to be H-Logic era Lee Hyori.

The music, the image, the actual swagger (which hasn't been jagged). It would have been perfect for her.

6. Queen of K-Pop news:

Koreaboo; Korean Source: TV Report.

I REALLY hope we get the album this year.

7. What happened with her H-Logic album was terrible. Made worse by the fact that it wasn't her first trouble with plagiarism.

I"m looking forward to new material and hopefully she can avoid another plagiarism scandal.

8. Her label should've done a whole lot more to make sure that there wasn't any plagiarism than Hyori playing the songs on shazam.

But I look forward to the return of Yoghurt Gurr.

9. Comeback in November! She'll be touring with Music Bank in Europe!

10. QUEEN! love and adore her!

11. This thread seems abandoned, but Lee Hyori really is a good enough artist, and her recent comeback is welcomed by many in the General K-Pop thread. Retro black and video:

[video=youtube;IshYF9_pihA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IshYF9_pihA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

12. 3Xs

3Xs

Easily one of the albums of the year. So well done.

13. Agreed!

I'll admit that I wasn't sure if a 16 track album from her would bring more than a bunch of filler aside from the singles, but boy did she deliver!

Makes me a bit nostalgic for when I would stay up late watching episode after episode of Family Outing with her and Daesung and the rest of the FO gang. That was such a great show.

14. Agree with the album love. It's one of the few K-Pop albums I can think of that has a central theme and sound across the whole thing.

I still can't get over Oar/No - so immense.

15. It is pretty monumental that she delivered an entire 16-track album without one bad track on it. At worst it's boring, but never outright terrible. Plus, everything sounds so lush and genuine; when are K-pop album tracks as well thought out as these?

I've also just realized that 'Bad Girls' reminds me of the Austin Powers theme. It hit me earlier today!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.