Léon - Circles (New Album 2022) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

Léon - Circles (New Album 2022)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Just discovered this artist and can't believe I've been missing out. She sounds like Lana del Rey meets Adele meets someone else I can't put my finger on.

2. Stevie Nicks

3. Ohhh yes!!

Timbo likes this.
  4. Third studio album, "Circles" out now!

L-C.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  5. This woman is so special.
    Her vocals are like honey so smooth and deliver on everything she touch.
    Lyrically this album seems a bit more intimate and raw than previous albums which I’m always here for she is a great story teller and the production is stunning, Rich when it needs to be and soft and acoustic with gorgeous synths.
    I absolutely love this woman and everything she releases if I had to pick a favourite track it’ll be “All my heroes” the choral background vocals just Wow!

6. Do we know if she’ll be releasing a vinyl with this one? I feel incomplete after getting the first two.

Timbo likes this.
  7. I really like the Bruce Springsteen inspiration that I'm hearing so far. Nothing really stands out for me on an initial listen, like Falling, You and I, or Chasing a Feeling.

8. Again another pretty lovely album coming from her! As usual, I'm going to take a few tracks and run, but her quality is quite consistent with every record.

Sail On likes this.
  9. Yes, I enjoyed this but it does just feel like 'more of the same'.

10. I love the 80s influences all over this, without straight up copying the sound. I hear lots of Bruce Springsteen, Belinda Carlisle and Fleetwood Mac.

But as pointed out it does grow a bit stale after an entire album. It could have used one or two proper bangers.

Daniel L and Timbo like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Soaked is the kind of thing she really excels at, so am definitely going to give the album a few spins; I just love her voice.

hollaa01 likes this.
  12. This is excellent; i'm surprised how much I like it based on the pre-release tracks. Wildest Dreams has epic Springsteen-on-the-run vibes-- Look Like That, All My Heroes, Lift You Up-- some of her best since her early days. It's pretty glorious

...but the cover sucks. I wish she'd used this:

[​IMG]

Daniel L likes this.
  13. I love her, but this is a bit samey for me. Would love to hear some development of sound and some more interesting production.

14. So excited she is doing a London date hopefully I’ll be able to get tickets

Electric Brixton - Fri 15th July

15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Finally got round to listening tonight, Soaked was one of my favourite songs last year so was excited to hear it. It's all pretty great, I don't know if anything on it surpasses the pre-release material but I've added Wildest Dreams to my 2022 playlist for now.

2014 likes this.
  16. LÉON's going on tour!

LF.jpg

Dates:​

MAY. 30 / Toronto, ON.
    MAY. 31 / Chicago, IL.
    JUNE. 01 / Minneapolis, MN.
    JUNE. 03 / Denver, CO.
    JUNE. 04 / Salt Lake City, UT.
    JUNE. 06 / Vancouver, BC.
    JUNE. 07 / Seattle, WA.
    JUNE. 09 / San Francisco, CA.
    JUNE. 10 / Los Angeles, CA.
    JUNE. 11 / San Diego, CA.
    JUNE. 15 / Phoenix, AZ.
    JUNE. 17 / Austin, TX.
    JUNE. 18 / Dallas, TX.
    JUNE. 19 / Houston, TX.
    JUNE. 21 / Orlando, FL.
    JUNE. 22 / Atlanta, GA.
    JUNE. 24 / Nashville, TN.
    JUNE. 25 / Charlotte, NC.
    JUNE. 26 / Silver Spring, MD.
    JUNE. 28 / Philadelphia, PA.
    JUNE. 29 / Brooklyn, NY.
    JUNE. 30 / Boston, MA.
    JULY. 06 / Stockholm, Sweden.
    JULY. 07 / Oslo, Norway.
    JULY. 08 / Copenhagen, Denmark.
    JULY. 10 / Berlin, Germany.
    JULY. 12 / Paris, France.
    JULY. 13 / Amsterdam, Netherlands.
    JULY. 15 / London, United Kingdom.

Txetxu, Diet Pop! and PaperMadeMan like this.
  17. Got LA VIP tickets as a surprise for my boyfriend. So excited to see her and at a pretty nice venue (Wiltern).

CaliforniaKing and PaperMadeMan like this.
  18. Got LA tickets too-- amazed that it sold out so quickly; a couple of friends weren't able to get tickets. Wasn't expecting that but pleased for Leon! Can't wait to hear this beautiful album live.

JakobVision22 and computer boy like this.
  19. This girl keeps on ignoring both Spain and Portugal.

20. I think this is the first time in five years she isn't ignoring Sweden!

Txetxu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.