Leona Lewis - Christmas, With Love (Re-release) | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Leona Lewis - Christmas, With Love (Re-release)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Art Installation, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Yeah it is harsh, especially when some of it is attributable to a difficult health condition. I feel bad for her.

But also, I was a fan of her because of her voice and her ability to sing like very few artists of the time. But she doesn't have that anymore. I can still revisit really good performances, but I think I just need to accept that I don't enjoy how her voice sounds nowadays. It's just not pleasant to listen to anymore and from what we can hear, she'll never get that back.

scottdisick94 and BenApple81 like this.
  2. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas Day? I was having to self isolate sadly - but without symptoms of bloody covid glad to report!

Anyway, back on topic - has Leona done enough the last couple of months to re-establish herself in the public consciousness? Whilst the album reissue was a disappointment and flop - her prime time TV coverage and radio play and streams for One More Sleep have been impressive…..
    Question now is will she jump on this opportunity with some new music in 2022? Or is she gonna live off the Christmas theme forever more? I’d love another Glassheart type album from her and some bops - her big ballad days possibly behind her. But she can sing!

Wild Man. and goldfish like this.
  3. Glass heart is my favourite Leona album so I’d definitely be here for something similar. I saw her One More Sleep This Morning performance yesterday on ITV and didn’t think it was that bad, certainly not the disaster some have made it out to be.

4. Been listening to Christmas With Love Always today and really wish she’d used Mr Right as a single instead of Kiss Me It’s Christmas

Wild Man., Digital_Fossil and DMDR like this.
  5. I heard it again and I am sure its been edited.

Edit: Seen this elsewhere, love that its growing, long may it continue.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    Wild Man., Salami and Digital_Fossil like this.
  6. Mr Right could have been a smash all on it's own. Why it's been left on the album with no push or performances is beyond me. A right cracker wasted, especially as they pushed 'Kiss Me It's Christmas'

7. One More Sleep is now certified 2x platinum.

[​IMG]

8. The great thing is that “One More Sleep” really has become a modern Christmas classic which, rightly so, will be played for many more decades, ala Slade, Mariah Carey, Wizzard.

GodsAndMonsters and Txetxu like this.
  9. Wait, One More Sleep was released in June 2014??

10. November 2013. God knows where that June date came from. Was that maybe its first certification?

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

What's the difference between Homeless on the original and rerelease? I can't hear it but it is tagged as the '2008 mix' (at least on the digital version, the album cover doesn't mention which version it is?)

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  12. Gutted about this, but totally understand why she has done it, roll on December 2023!

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.