Leona Lewis - General Discussion | Page 95 | The Popjustice Forum

Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Samuel, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Actually just ignore this, I think this is a Christmas track from last year, it had the same writers as OMS.

But she is working with Biffco again on this album, they produced CWL and wrote OMS and Mr Right.

2. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Also James Ingham of the Daily Star tweeted this earlier,

https://twitter.com/JAMESINREHAB/status/542397293836906496

I know it is the Daily Star but James has been very reliable with Leona information in the past.
    So we will get some news on Sunday, hopefully it will be decent.

3. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

I just can't wait at all!

4. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Am I the only one who loves Forgiveness (apart from the god awful bit at the end where she talks in a dodgy accent)

5. Island

Island Staff Member

Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

I never thought I would be excited about Leona Lewis. This next album better be like Foxes' Glorious.

6. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

I'm excited for the new album.

On a related note though, her management were entirely right not to release Glassheart (the song). It's dire and the only reason I could imagine wanting it to have been a single would be for it to flop and prove to everyone how it's never in a million years a 'hit single'.

7. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Come Alive was single material.

8. K94

K94

Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Shine A Little Light has no excuse to be shit with those people involved but that title...

9. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Glassheart the song was remarkable just for the fact that Leona was doing something halfway exciting. Everybody was dreading Happy pt.2 (not that Happy isn't great, but nobody needed another one of those from her at that time).

10. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Trouble > Glassheart > Come Alive > Fireflies is the perfect single run that never was.

11. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

They missed a trick not releasing Trouble with Gambino's feature, that version is excellent.

12. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

I don't think Gambino's contribution adds anything to the song, in fact it just confuses it and the song is far better without his vocals.

13. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Do you mean in the video? Cos his version is on both the single EP and as a bonus track on the album.

14. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Shake You Up probably could have made a good single.

15. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

No I love it, its the one and only time she has ever done the 'growl' thng, though its rather small. Haha

I also love I Know Who I Am, I love her voice on those type of tracks.

16. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Trouble was the wrong choice for lead single regardless of whether it featured Childish Gambino or not.
    It's a nice song but not lead single material or single material.

17. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

I always thought that too, but its a track that seems to split people, some people loathe it.

18. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

I hated how she promoted the acoustic and even on X Factor, she started off acoustic for the first minute or two and it didn't help the song.

My favourite performance is her Alan Carr appearance, she does it with the full production and she, for me, performs the hell out of it, she gets so passionate towards the end of it.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY1NzYxODQ0.html

I hate the middle 8 live though, it just doesn't work without the rap, her vocals are really weak on it and it sucks energy out the song, whereas I think Gambino's rap helps the song build.

I also really like The Voice Germany performance with the contestant,

[video=youtube;zEVe6N0HSW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVe6N0HSW0[/video]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  19. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

It has three of the same writers (including Leona), and it's a new song.

20. Re: Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Yeah he should've been included in the video. Am I mad in thinking there was once a version of the video where he was in it? Either way I love his verse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.