Leona Lewis - General Discussion | Page 230 | The Popjustice Forum

Leona Lewis - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by The Art Installation, Dec 13, 2014.

1. We were supposed to get new music this year but All Stars being scrapped changed all their plans.

She said in an interview with Heart last week we'll get new music next year and she is really excited about one song in particular, she described it as 'mid-tempo to ballad', ' very sentimental' and it features someone. I just hope they get on with it soon.

FireIce and ElectricKnight like this.
  2. I too do hope Leona comes back with a new album. I actually liked Glassheart and I Am better than the 2nd album. Yes the singles run could’ve been smarter but there are sting songs on both. She should’ve lead album 3 with Glassheart then I To You (or Fireflies) and the I Am with the title track then I Got You (let’s pretend the other song from her 2nd album doesn’t exist).

Sprockrooster likes this.
  3. People tend to either love or hate Happy but it’s one of my favourites from her, and I think it was fine for a lead single. I do think Naked from Echo should have been a single though, I feel like it could have been huge (especially in America) around that time.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if at this point in her career she’s indifferent to commercial success, but I just want more music soon.

4Roses and PushyBakerFriend like this.
  4. I have always felt like Naked could have been a great single too, it is still bizarre to me that they decided to exclude Naked from the American tracklist.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Island and Neon Green like this.
  5. I didn’t know that, that’s insane considering it was probably the most American sounding track on the album.

6. This is ... an opinion.

7. Are we ever getting anything new?!

FireIce likes this.
  8. I'm guessing its not going to be this year either. .....

9. Serving looks but still not music.

Vasilios, Blue6010, JasonJay and 2 others like this.
  10. Can’t believe it’s been like nearly five years or whatever since she’s released an album. That is ridiculous in my opinion, especially when you’re not keeping your fans updated.

11. not related to LL6 but some fan shared a demo version of Trouble. It's incredible, the vocals and production are completely different! #JusticeForGlassheart

12. The styling, photography, editing--all of the pictures of this era were so amazing. This video highlights it perfectly.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Nigel likes this.
  13. Wow, thanks for sharing this. The production is so interesting and experimental for Leona.

Nigel likes this.
  14. This is miles better than the final mix, which I always thought was too overproduced. The sinister production and the operatic, Kate Bush-like vocals really pull you in. Should've never been a single though.

Rob, Nigel and Neon Green like this.
  15. It was such a wrong choice for a single. Glassheart had so much more single potential, Collide should have just been the lead and then Glassheart, Come Alive, and then maybe Fireflies. When It Hurts also had single potential I feel.

Nigel likes this.
  16. Reliving Glassheart live! She even played the drum live, haha.

And

Makes me wish she'd make dance pop (or actually release music again...).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Rob, JasonJay and FireIce like this.
  17. Seeing as their is nothing else happening I'll post these recent performances. She performed Bleeding Love and Run at Tony Robbin's birthday a few days ago and probably gave her best Bleeding Love performance in years.

She also hosted We Day UK at Wembley today and performed with Calum.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nigel and Neon Green like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

Are there any Glassheart rejects floating around?

Would love to hear some of those songs before they tweaked the album a bit.

Rob and FireIce like this.
  19. Wow she hasn't sounded that good in a lonnnnggg time!

DMDR likes this.
  20. Her Spotify picture was changed today but it will turn out to mean nothing as usual.

[​IMG]

Burzum, FireIce, Nigel and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.