Leona Lewis

This is actually everything I didn't want. Horrific empowerment lyrics = check. Dreary cover art = check. Musical regression = check. It's just nothing. There is nothing to latch on to. With Glassheart, for all it's underperformance and 'faults', there was a good album there.

He/him
It's a nice enough album track but I'm baffled at the choice to go with it as lead single in the U.S. - it's not even as good as Fire.
Agree 100%. This isn't half as good as Fire for me. It's so dull and disappointing. This won't do anything anywhere.

This campaign possess every issue that every Leona campaign gone by has had, poor single choices and all. But this time without the Cowell success. 'I Got You' is the new 'Come Alive'. Well done Leona!

I really like it, I don't think it sounds like a massive hit but its still a strong catchy song to me.

And you never know, with strong promo and hopefully her extensive radio tour in the US, it might help the song take off. It has a similar message to Fight Song, a song that has blown up in the US, and I don't get the hype around that.

As much as I Got You and Another Love Songs sounds like hits, I don't think they are likely to be released, at least not for a while. I think they are trying to rebrand her as a Adult Contempary artist again after the last few years of confusion, Glassheart era. I don't think we are going to see any big hit singles, but I hope the AC singles, Fire, I Am, Thunder will all translate into strong album sales, which is what I think Island are focusing on. Radio 2 are massive supporters, so that will help.

I read some comments by Leona fans and started to get interested, had a listen, and am once again thinking to myself 'eh? - is this it?' Dull. I'd love Leona to find a genuine smash and come back with real impact, but it's all so disappointing.

I really don't think Another Love Song from what we've heard is going to be anything special either. It's like she hit this campaign with a boring stick. I wanted her to come out all guns blazing and what we've had is plain average.

I tried to tell y'all... Ladders should've been the single, or I Got You at second best. I don't think it matters either way to be honest-- I love Leona, but her time in the US was up after Bleeding Love. It's just such a crowded market, and with songs like this... she ain't ever going to push back thru. It doesn't help that Bleeding Love is a once-in-a-lifetime song.

Well I like Thunder. But then I'm not constantly looking at things in the 'But will it be a hit?' kind of way. I'm liking what I've heard so far (G-A-Y performance included) and so continue to be excited for the album.

Edit: If we preorder the album what do you think the chances are of us getting it early? I'm going to France the day it comes out so would have loved to have it for the travels.

Last edited:
I really like it, I don't think it sounds like a massive hit but its still a strong catchy song to me.

And you never know, with strong promo and hopefully her extensive radio tour in the US, it might help the song take off. It has a similar message to Fight Song, a song that has blown up in the US, and I don't get the hype around that.

As much as I Got You and Another Love Songs sounds like hits, I don't think they are likely to be released, at least not for a while. I think they are trying to rebrand her as a Adult Contempary artist again after the last few years of confusion, Glassheart era. I don't think we are going to see any big hit singles, but I hope the AC singles, Fire, I Am, Thunder will all translate into strong album sales, which is what I think Island are focusing on. Radio 2 are massive supporters, so that will help.
It's interesting that Thunder is following in the wake of Fight Song as they are similar themed but it's only going to suffer by comparison. Fight Song is one of those killer pop songs that comes along every now and then and just catches fire. The lyrics may be simple but that's its strength and a lot of people can instantly relate ot a "take back my life song". When you combine that with a catchy melody, it's no surprise this is set to be the hit of the summer.

Thunder, by comparison is a bloated, forgettable dud that comes off as more whiny than empowering. It lacks that big hook to make it stick in your brain and there's something quite childish about the lyric, "I'm coming back with the thunder". Def Jam better have deep pockets if they want this song to take off.

Well I am hooked on it now, I think it has a good chorus and stands a chance, but we'll just have to wait and see. I definitely won't get my hopes up though.

Anyway Leona is performing in Cincinnati at the All Star Gala event tomorrow (Sunday).

CJosbA0UcAISx2N.png
http://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball...-music-talent-to-cincinnati-for-all-star-week

So heres hoping we'll get some videos.

I don't know what y'all are talking about. This is a perfectly fine single for Leona if her goal is to get on Hot AC radio here. I've had it on repeat, honestly.

Will it set the charts ablaze? No, but I don't think it has to. It just needs to get people interested in her again -- or, rather, remind them that she's still making music at all. She can come guns blazing with the second single.

Leona is my favorite artist ever, but this is all so boring, it makes me genuinely sad. Seems like she might actually be the problem and not her labels.