Leona Lewis

Still a good idea to visit major Top 40 stations as a way to reintroduce her and you never know, "Thunder" may crossover somewhat to Top 40 radio. She's got a bunch more major Top 40 stations lined up in her promo schedule, not to mention major HAC/AC stations too. Will be interesting to see how "Thunder" develops. I'm not sure what their plans are for Top 40 radio though. I would've thought they'd send it out around the same time as HAC/AC considering she's covering a lot of Top 40 radio stations in her radio tour. Guess they'll let it build up on HAC/AC before sending it to top 40 radio.

So this guy has done a remix for I Am,

11242737_1471512029827672_1671615015_n.jpg

They responded to a fan asking when we can hear it,

@luukloon gonna b on radio from next week

And another fan asked for clarification,

@alfonso_lele the single 1 first I believe then my 1 will come

So it looks like the single version will be premiering next week!!!

Island

Staff member
They have in the past so I don't see why they wouldn't now. I don't see why "Thunder" wouldn't get playlisted by at least smaller Top 40 stations.

B96 is the biggest or the second biggest Top 40 station in the Chicagoland/Northwest Indiana region. The only song they probably played before was 'Bleeding Love' back when it was a #1 international hit. There are probably a few Chicago area stations that would play 'Thunder' (MyFM, The Mix) but I doubt any of the Top 40 stations in that area will pick it up unless it becomes a sleeper hit the size of 'Talking Body'.

Island

Staff member
Also, B96 has a reputation for having a shitty playlist. The past 3 years, they basically only played Pitbull.

Island

Staff member
Radios over here haven't played Leona since 'Better in Time'…. just saying. It's great that she's doing promo, honestly. But I don't expect a lot of success on this, except maybe on the AC/lite stations.

Radios over here haven't played Leona since 'Better in Time'…. just saying. It's great that she's doing promo, honestly. But I don't expect a lot of success on this, except maybe on the AC/lite stations.

I genuinely don't have high expectations, I am just going to enjoy the ride.

I don't understand the decision not to have Thunder up on iTunes during the radio tour, apparently it won't be until the 24th, every potential sale should be capitalised on.

Last edited: