Leona Lewis

OMG! "I Am" (single) leaked! Stream it here: http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/leona-lewis-i-am-single/ Also, we have a single cover!

CKC5CTFW8AAPHPb.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't bothered to actively hunt down Thunder at all since people didn't seem to rate it but turns out it's acutally not too bad? The sentiment is a tad predictable but the execution is much better than Fire. I get why they released Fire, it was more of a change of pace for her. But Thunder is hands down the better song.

Still not exactly reaching her previous highs with either though.

I hadn't bothered to actively hunt down Thunder at all since people didn't seem to rate it but turns out it's acutally not too bad? The sentiment is a tad predictable but the execution is much better than Fire. I get why they released Fire, it was more of a change of pace for her. But Thunder is hands down the better song.

Still not exactly reaching her previous highs with either though.

Yeah I like it better than Fire too, but it's way too weak for a comeback.

I love "I Am". The production is just incredible and the lyrics are great. Love Leona's voice on it too. I think it would make a great theme song for a movie. Hopefully BBC Radio 2 will give it strong support and it'll manage to outpeak and outperform "FIre Under My Feet" and sell the album when it's released. I can imagine Leona giving great live performances of the song.

The video shoot for "I Am" is tomorrow, so I expect the video will be released in a couple weeks or so.

I Am is a meandering, dull mess. It's such a poor Emeli Sande album track it hurts. Thunder, while nothing outstanding, at least has a few hooks.

It's disappointing how quickly this campaign fell apart when there was such hype a few months ago.

I mean, I'm sure the album will still be listenable. But any chance of decent success is out the window, and it's clear that Leona is as senseless as Syco.

I Am is very Emeli Sande. Everything about it screams "would fit onto the Our Version of Events tracklist". But that album is amazing so that can only be a compliment.
It's my favourite song of all we've heard from this album so far. That's not to say it's a hit in waiting, but that's a different matter.

I think its clear Island aren't chasing hit singles now.

Fire Under My Feet was originally meant to be released as an On Air/On Sale then changed, only to be brought forward again despite everyone knowing that would mean a poor chart positon.

I Am is an On Air/On Sale release and is already out to purchase and to stream everywhere. Clearly isn't going to chart well now.

There goal is clearly album sales, FUMF and I Am are perfect for Radio 2 and hopefully that leads to a decent selling album. My hope is for 150,000 sold minimum, less than that I'd be disapointed.

Link to album pre-order and I Am purchase.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/i-am/id1011891237?i=1011891638

Last edited:
Le sigh,

Her singing career has plummeted into the abysmal of the generic question, "What happened to that Leona Lewis singer?". It's such a shame because her and Alexandra Burke really did have great voices that could have solidified them as the next divas of our generation, unfortunately, music politics and shite producers and dull material got in the way.

I really have no hope or desire to purchase, let alone stream her album at this point.

Well I Am took me a few listens, but it is most definitely my favourite of her new tracks so far, just stunning.

"I Am" is vocally the best thing from this era so far. It's well suited for Radio 2. It's clear that the likes of Capital and Radio 1 will not play her music so might as well cater to an older audience.

I actually prefer it to "Thunder".

he / him
'I Am' is the exact single she needs as Radio 1 and Capital won't play her. I love it!

It being an instant great track leads me to believe it won't play second single for long though, and I still think she will use an X Factor slot to push that huge pop single you guys all want to see because she doesn't need the big radio play so much then. Right now she does, and the Radio that's playing her is Radio 2 so they're playing perfectly to them right now. I know there's so much doom and gloom here, but for the first time I think they're playing a campaign really well.