Lesley Roy! | The Popjustice Forum

Lesley Roy!

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 29, 2006.

1. A new female Irish teen singer has just been signed to Jive Records! She is being deemed as the Irish Avril Lavigne! One of her songs has already been featured in a warner brothers film. You can hear some of her songs on her myspace www.myspace.com/lesleyroy ... listen to 'There'll Be Angels' - its a sure to be hit!.

2. Her debut album is actually very good. 'When I Look At You' is sex.

3. Charley

Charley Staff Member

It may not be the best idea to compare a new singer to Avril Lavigne on here... Especially as Lesley's voice is nothing like Avril's. (Though you obviously meant in terms of music genre)

I saw one of Lesley's videos pop up on the YouTube front page and she's quite good indeed, isn't she?

A picture of Lesley Roy if anyone was wondering...

[​IMG]

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Jodie Marsh's chavvy lil sister!

5. She's okay. The good stuff on her album is by Max Martin.

6. She's fair-to-middling. I suppose I might look like a miserable cow if my name was Lesley Roy as well.

7. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I've listened to the songs on her MySpace and I'd say she's got some amazing songs and some not so much ones. 'I'm Gone I'm Going' is one of the amazing ones, but on songs like 'Thinking Out Loud' she's just straining her voice too much. Surely that can't be good for her vocal chords?

8. oh that is a bad name, makes me think of Coronation Street.

9. Charley

Charley Staff Member

This music is making me want to listen to Lindsay Lohan's 'A Beautiful Life' again actually.

10. Ths good stuff on her album:

Unbeautiful (great power-pop ballad, nice use of her 'smoky' voice)
    Misfit (a bit trashy, but works for me)
    Come to Your Senses (a bit epic)
    When I Look At You (Kelly Clarkson-type orgasmic number)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.