Let's Get Physical! The Dua Lipa Discography Rate - RESULTS - #29 | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Let's Get Physical! The Dua Lipa Discography Rate - RESULTS - #29

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Joe., May 29, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

2. I had a draft for a post saying "People advocating for Good in Bed's departure before stuff like No Goodbyes/before the top 20 are mental" and I stand by it. I'm still such an Alright, Still fan.

[​IMG]
    Score: 6.41

Highest Scores: (10x1) @slaybellz (9.5) @abcdellis, @daninternational, @Slice of Life

Lowest Scores: (0x1) @Verandi (2x3) @Markus1981, @Serg., @Phloo

My Score: 6.5/10

I've, for some reason always had a bit of soft spot for 'Dreams', in all its unfinished demo sounding glory. When this comes on shuffle I'm very...
    [​IMG]
    But yes, I totally get why it's the first song to fall from the debut, even with it not being one of my least favourites. The build up is nice and I think Dua herself sounds great on this one, but the production is a tad chaotic and the song kind of just feels like it's made up of filler. Apart from the pre-chorus, we're left with mostly meandering fodder.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:32 PM
  4. Can I get it like that, that, that, let me know
    'Cause I really like that, that, that, when you go
    And I know it's not real, but the way that I feel
    I just need to know

(Know, know, know)

[​IMG]

Dijah., Sail On, GimmeWork and 10 others like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Dreams leaving before the more ballady moments from the debut (Homesick, Thinking Bout You) is... a shock. Huh, it's fine.

6. Dreams is an unfinished demo but still slightly above No Goodbyes, Homesick and Garden, their terminally boring selves

7. The vitriol against Homesick...

londonrain, MmmDani and Milotic like this.
  8. I know, it was one of my highest rated tracks from the debut!

MmmDani and Gabeee9292 like this.
  9. Dreams is a bop! I don't care what ya'll say!

Slice of Life, Ugly Beauty and 2014 like this.
  10. Same, I find the lyrics and her delivery amazing. Chris sounds great too. I assume people hate the song -mostly- because of the feature?

MmmDani and Milotic like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Phonetics Boy and Milotic like this.
  12. It's not in my top 3 of the album or anything, but it certainly isn't at the bottom.

MmmDani likes this.
  13. is cute

londonrain and RUNAWAY like this.
  14. I actually enjoy Dreams too add me to the taste(ful) bunch!

15. Dreams is fine, hopefully we’ll cycle through the rest of the filler soon. I doubt I’ll have strong feelings to the next ten to go, the filler/extra tracks are all the same level of mediocre really

16. K94

K94

Dreams is a decent bop - I think it suffers from being too late in the tracklist after the juggernauts and the dry ballads.

Crisp X likes this.
  17. (5) - Not feeling this at all.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. [energetic dancing] to all the songs leaving being tracks IDGAF about.

RUNAWAY, Joe., Phloo and 2 others like this.
  19. Oh this started? And we already lost 2 album tracks?

I am likely gonna be among the top scorers for everything, but I downvoted the Wale track cos it was just not a Dua track at all. Like Sugar but at least that's a decent track.

Dreams is a bit basic, but a bop nevertheless. I thought this forum was all about the basic bops?
    Surprised Good In Bed was out quite so early but being the weak link on an otherwise (almost) flawless album means I won't shed a tear

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  20. Do you know what's outstayed its welcome already? 'Bang Bang'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.