: 11x1 (@lemonsqueezyy)
; 10x5 (@TRAVVV
; @Posh Spears
: 6x2 (@WarmBlood11
Worth It (feat. Iamsu) for:
Banana all in that split
All My Friends wins the Extras race. It’s what she deserves. Superlove finally leaves us at #18. It’s what she deserves.
Superlove is cute, but it feels completely out of its depth this far into the rate. It’s just an okay song. Now, I paid it total dust during its time of release, but that video made me sit down and pay attention. What a fucking moment that video is. ‘Baewatch’ is actually the greatest way to describe it in a nutshell: pure campy sex on the beach. A good summer video doesn’t need incredibly elaborate storylines or concepts to work. But maybe that’s the trick: they rely mostly on the artist’s charisma.
And Tinashe’s charisma here breaks the roof. She’s an unstoppable force: she’s sexy, she’s goofy, she’s energetic, she gives it all and delivers in spades. There’s so many iconic lqqks in the video: the lollipop, the towel routine, the ending alone on the beach. To say it’s one of the best ever pop videos I’ve ever watched would be painfully obvious. To deny it would be entirely ridiculous. Even though I’m not that big on the song, Superlove deserved the world only for the visuals. But alas, talent only wins sometimes.
(7) is disgusted, like me, for its non-existing charting life. “This is Basicnashe done right. With all the crap that makes the Top 10 these days, why couldn't this at least chart?” I don’t know but let’s blame it on streaming. ThisIsRogue
(9) is a honorary member of Team Versatility: “A. BOP. Her style of moody R&B is fantastic, but she does straight up bops so well!” and Andy French
(9) gets his life as well: “Okay I know this highkey nearly killed her career but I love it so much.” It’s no Charli XCX SuperLove though. Yes, I just did that annoyingly dumb song titles association again GODDAMNIT!
(8) brings up someone I’ve never heard of: “Early Ciara vibes which is obviously a good thing. An unexpected sound from her. The Danny L Harle remix fucking goes off!” The
Danny L Harle? I’ll make sure to check it out. Touchofmyhand
(10), stop trying to make Popnashe happen, it’s not going to happen: “This is what Popnashe's trademark should be. Pop but distinct enough. And the video is her best” Easily. Not that she doesn’t have other great videos, but that’s uncanny. What’s new? constantino
(10) and I having different views. Groundbreaking. “WHEW! Iconic! What an absolute rush of a song, though, and it still feels fresh! The video remains absolutely flawless and it wasn’t until New Rules came along that I had seen such an impeccable visual since.” That sounds like a stretch at first but deep down you know it’s 1000% true. Posh Spears
(10) is unapologetic: “I know this song is polarizing but I genuinely love everything about it and it’s one of my favorite bops of summer 2016.” You’re so brave. Teach me your ways. “An incredible video as well.” That I agree. And last but not least, our 11 lemonsqueezyy
: “I love everything about this, so much that it's in the top 10 most played on my iTunes and I ordered my boyfriend a birthday cake with a still from the video because it used to be “our song.” Oh, puppy love.
”. I’m listening to Vroom Vroom right now and I’m getting emotional af and it’s awkward in the same way but it’s because I’m thinking of the Nightride selling stats and not this story I swear.